• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hi everyone!! Catching up..

uglyduck16

Hello Everyone!!
Sorry I have not been on for ages, I have been thinking of you all (honestly I have! Sorry if that sounds sad!!) :rolleyes:
How are you all doing?? What is news with you?? (I will go and have a nosey around in a minute- but please feel free to reply to me!!! :D )
I am feeling brilliant at the moment, and so positive about life. I have been doing a lot of thinking (scary I know... me thinking!!) hehehe :8855:
But anyway, I have been thinking a lot about my life and what I want to get out of it. I enjoy my voluntary work that I am doing at the moment at a local special needs playgroup, but I feel I am ready for a new challenge. I have spent a lot of time in hospital when I was little and was inspired by the work of the play therapists...this has made me want to work in this field. I have been looking on the net and and to be a play therapist, you have to have a degree- and I am definitely NOT degree level...but I could maybe be a play therapy assistant. There are all these adverts on TV about getting people off there incapacity benefits and helping people into work...so I am putting it to the test and have got an appointment at the job centre next week to see if they can help me get into my dream job!! I would need help with transport to get to the hospital near me where there is a children's department. :7600:
I have got myself back to the gym....I can't do loadz when I am there- but it is a lot for me! I go about 3 times a week, and I really enjoy it... :whacky068:
Anyway enough about me!!:blahblah: ... how are you lot doing :p :p
Chat soon!!
Xxx Lizzie xxX

Hiya,

Its good to kno your doing well. Ive got my 1st band fill on tues, im a bit apprehensive but im sure it will all go well. Apart from that everything is fine. Take care R x

Hi Lizzie glad you are well its a bit of a mixed bag for me, got my funding and pre op appointments 27th feb for bloods and respiratory function test asnd then 24th March to anaesthetist and found out I have gall stones as well and will have to have gall bladder out at the same time as my bypass. So am jut waiting now for my pre ops.

Hi Lizzie,

WELL DONE! Lovely to hear so much motivation and positivity.

There is a lot of help for incapacity. I was on IB for 3 years until I went back to work in 2005. I got a lot of support and financial assistance.

Let us know how the JC appointment goes :D

Hi Lizzie. Was wondering where you went off to! Nice news about the gym, I have been posting lots on your exercise challenge and been getting inspiration for the lovely people that responded. (Shel went jogging, isn't she brave??)

Anyway, glad to see you back here and gald to know you are doing so well. Good luck on the job front. Keep us posted.

Nic:)

Hiya Everyone!
I am sorry I just end up letting everyone down :(
Well done Nic and Shel on the exercise front- and you are very brave Shel for go jogging!! :bliss:
It is encouraging to hear how you where supported back to work Shel, did they offer help with transport too?? How are you getting on now?? :)
Tesmerelda- I am sorry to hear you have gall stones aswell... is it is quite straightforward to have your gall bladder out at the same time as the bypass? I hope it all goes well for you!! :hug99:
Heya R - I hope your first band fill went OK and you can get a restriction that is right for you. ;)
I am feeling really tired at the moment, I have got tummy cramps and been awake all night/early morning with tummy pains ..I know I was still awake at 5am this morning. :sigh2::sick0019:
Xxx Lizzie xxX

Hi chick,

I drive so transport issues didn't come up. I went back to work September 2005 and haven't looked back. I started doing 20.5 hours per week as an admin, and in Aug 07 took a new job running a charity project working with kids in care (again 20.5 hours). I upped my hours to 23 about a year ago, and am looking to up again and considering full time.

I won't lie, there are times when I think nah sod it, I'm too tired and in too much pain, but I love my work and persevere.

Thanks lizzie, It went well and so far (2days) i have good restriction. But they do say ill need at least 2 fills to get the right restriction. Hope you feel better soon, take care of yourself mate. Lv R x

Back