• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hi Everyone

mandy-1975

Hello..........

Sorry not been around for a long time, but i am going to be frank and honest....... I am struggling so much since my bypass, i can no longer comfort eat, i dump at the slightest thing, so i will be honest and this is hard, i turned to drink, i can drink 5 bottles of wine and bottle of vodka a day no food.....

I have been on a self destruct, i am still losing but the head thing is killing me..... i am about to loose everything i had, and sometimes wish i was still fat......

xxxxxxxxxx love ya all

Mandy, it is good to see you online again. I am sorry that you are finding this so hard. I hope you can access the support you want when you feel ready to.

Love to you

Lx

Sorry you are feeling so down, have you been back to your doctor, sorry i carnt help more as i havent yet had surgery but i have heard others say they wish they were fat again.

chin up and hugs to you and im sure some1 will be long in a minute who will beable to help more, they are a good friendly bunch:grouphugg:

Hi Mandy

So sorry to hear your having a tough time, I cant tell you what to do but I sincerely hope that you can get some professional support with this.

Take care

Maz x

sorry i cant really help i havent had surgery but wanted to say please dont suffer alone have you been back to the gps
hig hugs xxx

Mandy, I'm so sorry you're feeling this way hun:(As others have said your GP will be able to help x:eek:

hi mandy realizing what you are doing is always the first step as the others have said go back to your gp for professional help lots of luck xxheather

Hi Mandy. I hope you dont mind me asking but did you have a drink problem in the past?. The reason I am asking is, I started to drink heavily after the death of my 28yr old daughter Clair 4yrs ago.
I only drink occasionally now but I know they are worried I might turn to drink again after op ,to deal with any upset.

hi honey im really sorry to hear your having a really hard time,i have a friend who did this went from food addiction to alcohol when she could not eat she drank (a lot) i hope this sounds ok and does not up set you but she went through councilling it took a long time to sort her head out but she's doing great now,would you consider going to see a counciller for help as i think it could really help you feel better.HUGE HUGS AND LOTS OFF LOVE SARAH X X X X X X

Mandy - you need to get some counselling fast - this op should come with post and pre op counselling but it doesnt. You have rightly identified that you have substituted one bad pattern of behaviour with another which in the long run is going to do you no good physically or mentally and trust me you dont want to be fat again! Also think about some Hypnosis or NLP - it also helps. Problem is that your head hasnt caught up with your body which seems to be a common problem. Hang in there.

Mandy i am so glad to see you posting i have being worried about you. I heard a pschiatrist say that alcohol worsens depression...i understand you are trying to cope with you problems[i don't drink because i have borderline personality disorder and know if i drank i would be only drinking myself to oblivion.] and i really feel for you...i guess i am trying to say is you need help with the drinking situation as it will only make your depression worse

i am no pschiatrist or dr[have no brains]

i seriously would get some help if i was you..

i am sorry if i am being nasty[hope i am not]

do mind yourself. i do think your being brave and honest

Hi Mandy, on a positive note congrats on reaching your 1 year and so happy to see you so close to your goal. So sad to hear about how rough this journey has been for you lately. I was hoping that since you hadn't been around much that you were getting the help you needed. I am sorry that you are not feeling better since the last time we chatted. I really hope that changes soon. Sending positive vibes your way to help you.

(((Hugs)))
Nic

Mandy it must have taken some guts to place that post in the first place, now use some of that inner strength and seek some professional advice.

Although many of us here understand where your coming from with regards to the food intake and dumping issues, none of us can help you with your depression other than to lend a sympathetic ear. You need councelling asap before this gets anymore out of hand.

Please go and see your GP as soon as you can.

(((Hugs)))
Bonita
xx

Hi Mandy you have done so well in your weight loss. you will need help with the drinking but you can do it.. you have been strong in your desire to lose weight and you will succeed in your latest battle. life throws so much crap at us you just need a bigger bat to throw it back. good luck love Bridie x

Hi Mandy many congrats on your weight loss you have done so well
Sorry to hear you are having a problem coming to terms with your inability to eat what you want. I havent had my op yet but can imagine how difficult it is at times.
As others have said you are able to address the fact that you have swapped one addiction for another, and I only hope you will seek the help you need to get off this self destructive path, and I know this is easier said than done, I had a brother who was an alcoholic and watched him self destruct. Please do not let it happen to you, you can see your problem that is half the battle to beating it, make an appt see your GP and like Caroline says get some counselling and some support. My thoughts and prayers are with you and I admire your courage in being honest about your problem

Jay xx

Hi Mandy

a lot of good advice from the other Minis...

I remember reading through your WLS journey last year when I myself was considering surgery and remember thinking what a strong young woman you were coping with all you had thrown at you....YOU CAN BEAT THIS!!! with the right help, you will get through it....please, please, please seek help....you don't have to do it alone.

sending you big hugs and much love :hug99::hug99::hug99:

Mandy I am so sorry that you are having a tough time. You really do need to get some help with the alcohol though. If you don't want to go to your GP you could try AA or Al Anon. It's not for everyone but you have to find which method of coping will work for you. Wishing you all the best.

Congratulations on your weight lost.

I know I don't know you but I wish you all the best. I have seen drink and drugs almost destroy members of my family, thankfully they got great help.

With any addiction the first step is admitting you have a problem. which you have. As Red said with the right help you can beat this.

Hi Mandy
I`m sorry your having problem hun but your better off going to see your GP . When it was taking that long for things to start moving I was cheesed off and I kept phoning the hospital to see why it was taking so long and the Doctor sent me to the local mental health clinic for a psychiatric assessment (I think it was because I was driving them mad with the phone calls , to shut me up) Well the Doctor I seen there was very nice and said to me that some people cant handle the surgery and some people has to have counselling after the surgery and if I need it don't hesitate to get an appointment for it . I know I`m going on about me , but I think it would help you to see someone for help hun . Good luck and take care of yourself . Your welcome to PM me any time .
Margaret xx

Last edited:
Mandy, I know you've spoken to your GP about this already, I think it's time you went back to them again and were as honest as you have been here.

Do you want me to find that list of local Al-Anon meetings for you again?

Back