• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Recovery Time...

markelsie

Doing a lot of thinking about having a by-pass and have had,back surgery,arm surgery,gallbladder op...and I'm not BIONIC but just wanted to hear others experiences with regard to time of work etc and getting back on there feet following the op and would "really" appreciate the feedback...
Mark

Hi and :welcome:. It's a combination of factors really - what type of procedure you have i.e. open or keyhole (laparoscopic), what your general level of fitness is, tolerance of pain and what type of job you do.

I had open bypass, am fairly fit and heal quickly, do a sedentary job but am in my 7th week of absence from my job. It's the tiredness I find debilitating personally, but am hopeful of a return next week.

I have read of people returning t work within a week of keyhole, but I have also read of people being off longer than me.

I had keyhole and was back to work after 2 1/2 weeks. I'm not the healthiest person on these 'ere boards though, and could have done with another week, but I managed.

I had open op and had 10 weeks of work My job can be heavy and on feet all day in the care sector

Back