• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hi everyone

lotsabeefy

Hi my name is Nadine and i am at the beggining of my surgery journey. I have a consultation appointment at Salford Royal Hospital next Monday. Does anyone know the approximate waiting time for surgery on the NHS?

Hi there Nadine :welcome2:to minimins.

Someone will be along soon who may be able to help you with your question regarding waiting times.

Good Luck with your weight loss surgery/journey xx;)

Hi Nadine and Welcome!

Providing all runs smoothly with funding etc, I would plan on a 12 month wait from consultation with hospital to surgery - might be a bit less, might be more but it averages out at about a year. Seems like an age but it goes really fast - time is taken up with appointments for different tests etc.

Hi Nadine

Welcome to Minis.
I wish I could be more specific regarding nhs waiting times but unfortunately it's almost like asking how long is a piece of string. There are a lot of things to take into consideration, your pct, your health issues, the hospital, the list goes on. I would say as a rough estimate do not expect the operation to happen for at the minimum 6 months and know that in some cases it can take much much longer than this.

I am sure someone will be along soon who has been to the same hospital as you are attending or is under the same pct to help a bit more.

The only advice I can give you is, try not to stress, hopefully your road will be smooth. sometimes though there are a few potholes to overcome, take them all in your stride and focus on the end goal, you will get there.

Good luck on your journey.

Xx

Hi Nadine, welcome to Minis ...

Hi Nadine - love your name!
I had my surgery at Salford Royal and Im also on the support group cmmittee for there. It literally is as Swizzlestick says that 'how long is a piece of string'!
We hold monthly support group meetings so if you can, come join us!
Sally xx

hi nadine im having my bypass at salford royal on monday , i had my first consultation with Dr New in dec. last year but i have sleep apnia so my wate may have been longer than someone who hasnt. good luck on your jurny they are a great team there and you will get loads of suportfrom them and from everyone on here and its true the time flies........... kath x

Hi Nadine, welcome to minimins :) I went for a consultation for my bypass at Salford Royal and was told the wait could be up to 18 months, hence why I went private, best of luck xxxxx

Welcome to Minimins!

Hi Nadine welcome to Minis My journey was done and dusted on the NHS is 16 weeks. Every area is different and the waiting times vary Godd luck

Hi Nadine
I too am at salford royal, I had my one stop appointment 2 months ago before that had 6 montsh weight management. I just had my sleep apnea test and pyschological assesment.
I have no idea how much longer my wait is, Hopefully not too long, I was told last October I woudl have it by this October but that is not going to happen now !!
good luck and hope the wait is not too long x
Helen

Hi Nadine welcome to minis. Hope you get all the answers you require here, there is always someone about who has the right answer. I am at Walsall Manor so can't help but my journey is 12 months this seems about the average wait in most cases but as previously said each hospital is different and you could sail through quickly, either way good luck and look forward to chatting to you on here.

Back