• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Salford Royal or Spire Manchester

fatbutnot4eva

Loves her gorgeous family
Hi
I was just wondering if you automatically go to salford royal or if it can be spire I am NHS.
I have had all my appointments at hope (salford Royal)
also do you go in the night before your op or the morning - do you get to choose ?
Thanks
Helen
x

phatgirl

I think it all depends on your funding PCT, I know that Rebirth was given a choice when her funding came through of going to Salford or Spire. I think she said she chose Spire since the waiting list was shorter. I wasn't given a choice as I live in Salford so Salford PCT always sends you to SR. As for going in the night before, that depends on your health situation and your hospital I believe. I was given the option at SR to come in the night before due to my diabetes so they could monitor my sugars, I declined because I didn't want more time than absolutely needed in the hospital. I have another friend who is almost ready for surgery and will need an HDU bed for after her surgery so she will go in the night before but I think she asked for it, not sure if it was required for her to go in early.

Hope that helps,
Nic:D

fatbutnot4eva

Loves her gorgeous family
Hi Thanks
I live in Irlam and am under salford pct, so presume it will be salford, I dont really want to go in the night before as I have 3 young children and dont want them disrupted any more than needed, I think one night away form mum is enough ! (even though they will be spoilt at nanna's) also quite a few people I know are nurses at SR and as no one knows I would hate for one of them to see me in there. I think I am going to have to tell everyone so this does not happen, I woudl just look silly if this did.
Thank again
x

IRJ

I get annoyed (not individually) when people get embarrassed at telling friends/family regarding surgery ive told everybody and although all dont agree they support and back me 100% now i know some peoples friends/family arnt has supportive but this op we are having is essential to our lives and obesity is, IS a illness/addiction in my opinion,we have tried everything to stop putting weight on but we cant and unless you have been in our situation no one can understand what we go through i for 1 am happy to tell people and EDUCATE them to obesity, sorry if it sounds like a rant and fatbutnot4eva it is certainly not aimed at you, 1 last point if friends/family are not willing to support us 100% they really arnt the people i thought they were and dont deserve our love.

Rebirth

Hi Helen, I'm under Trafford PCT. They gave me a choice as to whether I wanted to go to Salford or the Spire. The booklets they send are not very good in helping with that choice. I phoned the PCT and the hospitals concerned for advice. I opted for the Spire as it had a shorter waiting list and I could see the surgeon I wanted, (it was also a bonus that it was a private hospital). This turned out to not be the case once I was referred.

The one thing they don't tell you is that if you need any further investigations like psychological, cardiac assessment etc, you are referred back to your GP for referral if you are at the Spire. At Salford Royal all this would be dealt with in the the new one stop clinic. If I had know this, I would definitely have chosen Salford, especially as I was then put with another surgeon without proper discussion. However, after saying all that the being private the Spire has got other plusses.

Rebirth

Gail-michelle

likes to post
Hiya Helen, my pct gave me a choice of the alexandra spire or the spire manchester, Mr Basil Ammori on both accounts, I went into hospital on the morning of my op and was discharged the next day. Mr ammori likes you to recouperate in the surroundings of your own home comforts. Mine was also the nhs I hope this helps Gail.x
Hi
I was just wondering if you automatically go to salford royal or if it can be spire I am NHS.
I have had all my appointments at hope (salford Royal)
also do you go in the night before your op or the morning - do you get to choose ?
Thanks
Helen
x

claudia24

hoping to be a mummy soon
im with spire and there isnt a waitin list there but there is a 6month waitin list at salford, thats wat i was told when i was at my group assesment at spire