• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hi Everyone!!!!

katkins57

Hi everyone , i'd like to introduce myself. I had a duodenal switch 30th april 2006. After re-gaining 4 and a half stones:sigh: i was offered a revision to my sleeve which i had 6th december 2010 so i am still recovering at the moment. I am determined this is going to work for me this time.
I think its very easy to become complacent after surgery and think one can get away with anything, and thats not the case at all.
If i can offer advice or info about my situation i will be glad to. xx

Welcome Katkins, you a night howler like me? I am due to be bypassed mid 2011. Good luck with you new journey. Keep posting and reading, this sight is fab and so supportive. I am sure you have loads of advice to offer. Kelly for one is having a sleeve this year.

Linski xx

Hi Katkins and welcome to the site.

I think I want a sleeve, but not seeing my surgeon till later in the month, when he will no doubt make the decision for me, or at least with me.

I am sure I read somewhere on the forum that whatever surgery you have, it is a tool to help you in your weight loss, but you need to work with it. I know I always used to think that having wls would sort everything out - I am learning this is not the case at all!

Best of luck with your sleeve, and looking forward to reading about your weight loss journey.

Hi Katkins and welcome to the site.

I think I want a sleeve, but not seeing my surgeon till later in the month, when he will no doubt make the decision for me, or at least with me.

I am sure I read somewhere on the forum that whatever surgery you have, it is a tool to help you in your weight loss, but you need to work with it. I know I always used to think that having wls would sort everything out - I am learning this is not the case at all!

Best of luck with your sleeve, and looking forward to reading about your weight loss journey.

Yes definately a tool. Dont make my mistake and think its the be all and end all because it isnt. If you change to an healthy way of eating you'll do fine. I was stupid and i'm the first to admit it..x

Hello and welcome Hun there's a few very successful sleevers on here that I'm sure will give u lots of advice and be nice to get advice of u as a pre opper having my bypass feb-march good luck with ur journey xx

Welcome to the site Katkins, I too am hoping for a sleeve, it seems that they have been successful in the past so more surgeons are opting for them as the operation does not take as long as a RNY. They will then do an RNY some time down the line if necessary

Hi Katkins and :welcome: to WLS, good luck with your new sleeve revision, its so true what you say about people thinking they dont have to work after having weightloss surgery, mainly people who are ignorant about it and just think of it as an "easy" option! We know different though and I wish you the very best with your continuing journey :D XX

Sending a huge welcome and wishing you every success on your wls journey... love and hugs xxx

Back