• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hi Everyone

DaisyMaesy

Hi Everyone
I have had my funding assured and am now awaiting a date for my op after all my visits to dietician, nurse, surgeon etc.

I had opted for a RNY but the surgeon would rather do the two stage and give me a sleeve first. After research am more than happy for this to happen.

Can someone please explain how many posts you have to make to be able to use this forum fully?

I am under the care of Chelsea and Westminster and wondered if there are any others on here?

Oh well back off to word association to get my post count up:8855:

Carol

Last edited:
Hi and welcome to the site, you need 50 or more to use the site properly xx

Back to word association then!

Hi - well done on getting funding. I am curious but what is a two stage? and why do they do that? Not heard of this before so just interested I hope you dont mind! xx

Hi Carol and welcome to the forum! Good luck with your journey. This forum is fantastic and you will find the answers to almost any question you may have now or in the future, and some very valuable support!

The sleeve is the first stage to a RNY they perform the sleeve on more overweight patients or those that have had previous abdominal surgery, then when they have lost enough weight they do the RNY as the second stage. Some patients do not need the revision and I am hoping I will do well enough on the sleeve and I will be one of those (fingers crossed)

Welcome Carol xxx

Hello Carol and wanting to wish you all the very best on your WLS Journey...

Sending love and hugs to you and I'm sure you'll find the forum to be very helpful...

Take good care :welcome:

Hello and welcome, good luck with the posting on word association. Alternatively you could sit on this thread and thank us all individually for your warm welcome :) That will soon get you up there with the big hitters lol...

Happy New Year and good luck with the sleeve, i hope it gives you everything your heart desires xx

Thank you All. I have just done that LOL. Things we do for notoriety eh? Interesting that I joined in 2008 (minimins I think) Looked at one the other day and found I couldn't register, Oh well here I am.

Back