• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

so close but ..

starr

very happy post opper
hi, would like to say hi and nice to meet you all, ,i had my pre op assesment at chelsea and westminster 2 weeks ago,all was ok for surgery ,and was told id get a call in 2 weeks to start my liver shrinkage diet before my gastric bypass,i never heard so ,i called ,only to be told i will have another 6 month wait for surgery,as my surgeon is extra busy,im completely devastated ,waited so long ,and had so many appointments and hoops to get through ,,now i feel back to square one again,,,is this normal or am i just unlucky , any comments will greatly received ,just cant believe i was so close .. x

I had mine done at chelsea and Westminster and I was told it was 6 months from date of pre op. It actually was 4. So in total from my 1st appointment to having the op it was 9 months. Which surgeon are you having?

hi, its with mr thompson,,,,im so glad to hear from someone whos been to my hospital,its such a stressful time ,when addmissions phoned the lady said i may need my pre op redone as of time delay ,did you? sorry to ask questions ,just so eager to know about other peoples experiences,

i really like the hospital and understand we all have to wait but im having gall bladder removed aswell as ive had 18months of agony with that ,so am desperate to sort it all , hows you getting on? ,,,is it as you expected? ,and nice to meet you x

Nice to meet you too . . . xxx

Yes all is going well, thanks - I too had my all blabber removed. I am 2 post op and have lost 30lb since the start of my pre-op diet – but very little since the WLS itself (which is a concern) . . . I am behaving myself (for once) and much to my surprise finding it difficult to eat 6 smaller meals a day - I am looking forward tio stewed beef for tea yummmmmie ! My real craving is for a salad ! ! ! How strange, if I had this 2 years ago there would have been no need for surgery ! xxxxx

haha ,i said il miss salad too,so your not alone,,,,i think the op takes its toll on your body ,so a lot of people have said its a slow start but just think ,when it starts coming off how good you will feel,and 30 lb aint to be sneezed at! well done you , x hope il do as well when or if my time ever comes!

that would have been my worse nightmare ! to be offered a lift in a mg lol,i would have asked if it had a roof rack before accepting the lift giggles x

starr said:
hi, its with mr thompson,,,,im so glad to hear from someone whos been to my hospital,its such a stressful time ,when addmissions phoned the lady said i may need my pre op redone as of time delay ,did you? sorry to ask questions ,just so eager to know about other peoples experiences,

I did not need the pre op done again, although I had mr bonoami the hospital was great staff were fantastic , have you been to the support group yet? I must go to the next one, maybe see you there??

Ha Ha Kevin I too have been craving salad. I make my self the smallest salad and it still out faces me! I had my op RNY on the 15th Feband I'm losing 1lb a week ish! as long as it's going off I'm happy. Still find it difficult to eat more than one to two meals a day, so most prob my body thinks I'm starving it.... ( Can't win)

morning Stefanie, i love the hospital too,so now im over the shock of the extra wait ,i know its worth it ,ive not been to the support group ,mainly because of distance ,im in kent,i did join another forum but no one ever replied and there were 4 or 5 regulars who seemed to decide who was welcome ,wasnt very friendly ,so glad i found this one ,after all we are all sharing this big life changing thing together ,i just needed some friendly advice and reassurance,so thankyou x

The exact same thing happened to me Starr, I was told the whole process was 6 months so I was expecting Christmas , then when I went to the sport group, I was told it was 6 months from pre op appointment. I sat there and cried. I felt really ungrateful as I was having the surgery it's just when you get your hopes up!!!! So I can totally sympathise with you. It will go fast though. Keep in touch.

that must be devestating!!!! hope you get sorted quickly!

hi wencho,well done with quitting the smoking !,i stopped new years eve,its so hard ,and i stopped drinking to,thinking of becoming a nun,every girl deserves one habit eh? haha ,the wait is awful but we all have to do it so i can handle it ,she says sobbing into her pre op liver shrinkage diet sheet , its good to read the postings on here ,keeps me sane x

thankyou Neen,its so nice to have people who understand how it all feels and are so freindly ,i was losing faith in some of the other forums ,seemed more like ego trips for some of the members,this is so different ,everyones helpful and kind and thats just how it should be ,life is to short ,

Back