• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

hi everyone

chrisred1

Hi my names chris , recently had a gastric bypass (sept 29th) started my pre op diet 14th sept weighing 21s 10lb , dropped exactly 1 stone during the pre op diet and since the op i am currently weighing in at 20s 1lb so all good at the mo , operation went very well obviously out of it for the 1st few hours after recovery then it was just a case of constantly having my blood pressure , temperature , glucose levels all checked so dont expect much rest , just stumbled across this site so looking forward to reading through the posts and seeing what bits of advice i can pick up , if any1 has any questions feel free to ask and dont be shy if i can help out i will be glad to , good luck to everyone.

Hi Chris welcome it's a fantastic place to get answers and support, well done on your weight loss so far x

Hello and welcome chrisred1!
Well done on joing our losers bench and for the weight loss so far! Im a bypasser too and its the best thing ive done to date!
You will come across so many friendly, helpful guys and gals on here all willing to offer support, guidance and sometimes the kick up the bum we may need from time to time!
Anyway rest up and enjoy the start of your new life x

Welcome, I'm like you I only found the site after my operation but its great inspiration. You can learn so much by reading other peoples diaries and experiences. Congratulations on surgery and good luck on your journey.

Welcome Chris and congrats on the weight loss so far. You're not long past surgery - how's your recovery going? :)

hi , its goin ok thx im still pretty sore but just trying to keep on top of my pain relief which works really well , i would imagine each day will get better so im just trying to rest up and take things easy , ive just read your profile what is a mini gastric bypass? , how does that compare to a gastric bypass , how did your recovery go ? are you over the op now and back to normal day to day things.

Hi Chris,

Welcome and congratulations on your successful surgery!

I have mine on Saturday, starting to get anxious now so trying to not give it all too much thought.

All the best for your recovery and pending weight loss.

Soph xx

Hello Chris. welcome to the forum and to the losers bench. Feel free to ask whatever you need to, and someone is bound to be along to pick-up and answer. Congratulations on your loss so far, and lots more will be coming off over the next few months. Guess you must be just about to move from sipping simple fluids and moving on to thicker ones (no lumps at all etc). Keep us informed on your progress x

hi guys,
thanks for the comments , approaching 2 weeks post op and feeling fine , still on liquid soups however did try some roast dinner put through a blender today and i must say it was lovely , pain is getting easier and movements alot easier on my stomoch so all good at the moment thanks.

hi , its goin ok thx im still pretty sore but just trying to keep on top of my pain relief which works really well , i would imagine each day will get better so im just trying to rest up and take things easy , ive just read your profile what is a mini gastric bypass? , how does that compare to a gastric bypass , how did your recovery go ? are you over the op now and back to normal day to day things.

Hey Chris

Glad to hear that you're well on the other side and keeping the pain in check! The main difference between mini bypass and RnY is that there's 1 join in the intestines rather than 2 and the stomach pouch is a different shape. The op results are the same, it's just a slightly simpler operation. I've not had it yet - 20th October is my day .on the table

well you should be well into your pre op diet , good luck with your surgery on the 20th hope all goes well thx chris.

well you should be well into your pre op diet , good luck with your surgery on the 20th hope all goes well thx chris.

Thank you :)

Back