• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hi all - new here and very excited

donnax658

Hi everyone, I stumbled across this website this morning and am soooooo glad I did :D
I have booked my gastric band op for the 20th March and I can't wait. I am 100% positive that this is the way forward for me even though only a couple of people agree with me. Everyone else tells me i'm mad or stupid and say I shouldn't do it :(
Fact is I have struggled with my weight my entire life and after trying all the other diets out there I feel this is the only option left for me. I am 32 and have four children and now it's time for me to make sure I stick around a whole lot longer for them by ditching all this fat and getting fit and healthy.
They were all big babies, the last one weighing 11 lbs and through each pregnancy I just put on more and more weight. I was sterilised after the last one ( couldn't risk an even bigger one haha) so now it's time to do this for me while i'm still young enough to make the most of it.
I am very excited and have no wobbles (yet) and i'd love to make some friends here that have been through the same or similar...if you'll have me that is ;)

Donna xx

Hi & welcome to minimins. Lots of successful banders are around to offer advice & support. Have a look around and ask any questions you like, the supportive people on here will be there for you!

Best of luck for March, it will be here in a flash!

Nic:D

Thanks Nic.....I'm sure i'll be needing to ask lots of questions over the coming weeks .....I have been reading loads of inspirational stories already, seems like a great place here. Now all I need to do is figure out profile pictures and stuff and i'll be well away lol xx

Hi donna and welcome to minis, i had my band fitted at dolan park in november with mr sigurdsson and have since lost two stone, with no regrets whatsoever. Any questions, just ask. julie

Hi!

I met Mr Super from Dolan Park on Saturday and am having a band fitted on March 3rd. I felt much better after talking to him and am 100% sure that it's the way forward for me. Do you know which surgeon you'll be having

hi and welcome donna, i also have a band and i have no regrets at all, the only regret was that i didnt do it sooner.

liz x

Hi!

I met Mr Super from Dolan Park on Saturday and am having a band fitted on March 3rd. I felt much better after talking to him and am 100% sure that it's the way forward for me. Do you know which surgeon you'll be having

Hiya, my surgeon is Mr Richardson. I have been thinking about doing this for a long time and am so excited that it's finally happening.....I can't wait.
Thanks for all the welcomes girlies.......what a fantastic place this is :D

Hi Donna, Welcome to Minis they are all really nice people on here and when you have any worries or questions someone is replying to you as soon as you've pressed the send button on your question.

Im 33 have 2 children, had my band fitted at Dolan Park on 27th Oct and have lost 52lb so far, really pleased its not an easy option but its well worth it.

Good luck for March

Dee xx

Hi donna welcome to mini's i am post op bypasser you will find lots of advice and support around here.

Hi Donna,

Wlecome to mini's. I was on thid forum only a matter of weeks before I had my gastric bypass and every question I could ever think and a few I hadn't even thought of were answered or I was helped along in some way by the supportive people on this forum.

Don't feel silly about anything you need to ask, I used to throw a question up on here that was bothering me and by morning I'd have about 7 different views or supportive messages on here. Its a godsend x x x

Hi Donna,

Welcome to mini's. I'm 32 years old with a 5 year old little girl. I was on this forum only a matter of weeks before I had my gastric bypass and every question I could ever think of and a few I hadn't even thought of were answered, or I was helped along in some way by the supportive people on this forum.

Don't feel silly about anything you need to ask, I used to throw a question up on here that was bothering me and by morning I'd have about 7 different views or supportive messages on here. Its a godsend x x x

Hi Donna, Welcome to the forum!!
Its great here and I only joined in november, and I am so pleased I did, You get lots of help and advice and everyone is so friendly its a great place to be.
Wishing you all the very best with your Op, It won't be long now!!

Firstly let me say 11lb - wow congratulations on that one hun your braver than me lol. ( I presume u meant naturally ).
I had Dr Super at Dolan Park and am don`t regret it for a minute. Although not lost much weight yet just trying to get correct restriction in the band. Just had 2nd fill and def feeling more restriction now so fingers crossed I should start losing again. Like someone says though it is hard work, not just a quick fix, especially when waiting to get correct restriction.
Good luck for March, I`m sure everything will go fine xxx

Congratulations and good luck for your op hun
xx

Back