• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Newbie :)

XxAli30xX

Hi everyone...

I didn't get a chance to introduce myself when I joined the forum bit busy with work and stuff, u all know how it is.. ...........................

Anyway my name is Alison and just like some of you on here I am awaiting gastric bypass surgery. The procedure has been going on now for just under a year. With appointments with this and that doctor making sure I understand the full procedure with regards to the operation.

We spoke about all options with regards to weight-loss surgery and myself and the team have decided to go with gastric bypass surgery!!

Thursday 14th November while sitting at home enjoying my day off work and doing a bit of the (dreaded) Christmas shopping on-line. I received a phone call from the bariatric team @ St Georges hospital in London, They have had a cancellation appointment for surgery on the 29th November. Pre-Op appointment date has been arranged for me @ 9 o clock on the Tuesday 19th November, and a operation date on the 29th!!

I have had an emailed sent over with a diet sheet from the hospital with diets to follow as from tomorrow. *my god its really happening now*:D

What I would like to ask you all is what actually happens at the pre op appointment just so i know and i'm ready and waiting for what they throw at me on the day?

Many Thanks

Kind regards

Ali x

hello Alison, good luck....and yes its really happening!

I had my pre-op yesterday, they took blood then did my blood pressure and oxygen levels and took swabs for mrsa the nurse said they only did an ECG if she picked anything up via BP or oxygen levels and as mine were fine she said I didn't need an ecg, that was until she confirmed my name address and DOB and realised I was over 50 so automatically got an ECG, she also ran through lots of questions asking me about previous ops/illness, that was it really I spent more time in the waiting room than in the nurses office.

Hi everyone... I didn't get a chance to introduce myself when I joined the forum bit busy with work and stuff, u all know how it is.. ........................... Anyway my name is Alison and just like some of you on here I am awaiting gastric bypass surgery. The procedure has been going on now for just under a year. With appointments with this and that doctor making sure I understand the full procedure with regards to the operation. We spoke about all options with regards to weight-loss surgery and myself and the team have decided to go with gastric bypass surgery!! Thursday 14th November while sitting at home enjoying my day off work and doing a bit of the (dreaded) Christmas shopping on-line. I received a phone call from the bariatric team @ St Georges hospital in London, They have had a cancellation appointment for surgery on the 29th November. Pre-Op appointment date has been arranged for me @ 9 o clock on the Tuesday 19th November, and a operation date on the 29th!! I have had an emailed sent over with a diet sheet from the hospital with diets to follow as from tomorrow. *my god its really happening now*:D What I would like to ask you all is what actually happens at the pre op appointment just so i know and i'm ready and waiting for what they throw at me on the day? Many Thanks Kind regards Ali x

I had my pre op at St.Georges. The nurse went through a full medical history, previous ops,any allergies, current medication. I was weighed, had bloods, temp, o2levels and an ECG. It was all painless. It didn't take long and I wasn't kept waiting for very long either. Good luck. Hope all goes well.

Welcome and good luck xx

hi and goodluck

Hi, Welcome and Good Luck with your pre op!

Hi and welcome!! I am pre op but have found it lovely on here to chat to people and gain tips and advice!! Good luck x

hi Alison im Kelly im also new to the site and am awaiting a vertical sleeve which is being preformed on the 7th of december if your like me im sure your really excited I cannot wait I had my pre assessment on the 12th november and I saw my surgeon an anestetist, dietician , nurse, psychologist all on same day had bloods and swabs done and weight ,height and measurements of waist and neck also. talked me through what happens during surgery during stay in hospital everything you need to know all info you need and a lot of paperwork. congrats on your date for surgery hope all gos well for you xx

Good luck - you wont look back, I havent !!!! Had by bypass on 17th Oct and I feel So well and have so much energy and of course have lost lots of weight!

All the best x

Back