• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

HI from ST Helens can anyone help please

who do i check with that the referal has gone in . they said they do their bit then it goes to my GP so who can i check with that it has been done ?? Think we had the same dietician and counsellor Fizz. I was signed off with dietician november and cbt begining december they said they do their reports then send them to the gp. who can i check with to see where it is up to ?

Last edited:
Hi hun,

Ok, you need to chase Alison and Keith about your reports, 0151 290 4335 is the number to the office and the women there will check your file. I finished seeing them August, but they only finished my reports October.

If they have sent the notification to your doctor, then ring them up to see if they have received it. If your Doctor has had the letter and recommended you for surgery you need to ring the funding office which is at Cowley Hill, 01744 457348. Ask them if they have recieved your referral from GP.

I just kept mitherin the dietician office and then when they said that they had done reports, kept checking with GP. Ask them to fax your GP, it gets done quicker....

After everything has gone off it moves quite quickly... I am going to Macclesfield but majority f people go to Murrayfield over the Wirral.

You need ewt else, let me know hun..:)

just rang and spoke to them and the CBT report is done and hes checking with the dietician to see if hers was done .. i finished with the dietician first so hopefully hers is done .. He is going to check with her and let me know where it is up to .. Thanks for the numbers Fizz !!

No probs hun, just keep on at them!!! Then chase up everywhere else, I got numbers for Spire, when your ready!!!

Fizz the report is done and at my Drs !!! YAY .. thanks for the numbers .. and hows is your pre op diet going ?? fingers crossed for you

The Spire on the Wirral is fab,the care and after care was 2nd to none.I loved having my own room and tv with wifi too!Mr Kerrigan and Dr Magee also an Indian doc. I cant remember his name though.

Last edited:
Great news Halucin!!!!

Its fairly quick now. After you GP its got to go to Cowley Hill for the funding. Don't worry, you will get a letter saying that they will fund your 'outpatient' appointments and you will have to adhere to the surgeons instructions to ensure funding for op. This is standard and providing you do what the surgeon tells you, you got the funding. I think our PCT more or less grant it as the 'weight management' is our 'test' to see if were serious.

Pre op diet ok so far, day 3...

Keep me posted!! xxx

Report done .. received and completed by the Dr and now i will chase it up at Cowley Hill on monday ... cant thank you guys enough for the advice i was going out of my mind... will keep you updated ... x x

Good luck Hun,
Keep me posted!!!!!!!
xxxxx

Hi guys, well i rang Cowley hill and got no reply 2 days in a row but i will ring again monday and FIZZ .. i have my fingers crossed for you hun .. Good Luck tomorrow !!

Keep trying, the woman could have been on holiday. 457348 is the number I rang. Thanks for tomoz. xxxx

Ring the dietician again and ask them if the number has changed...

How's it going hun?? You any closer?? xx

i cant help but just wanted to say hello xxx

Hi Halucin, not heard from you in a while, whats going on?? xx

:553:
Hello, well i have been trying to ring cowley hill but there is never a reply, but yesterday i got a letter i have got the funding for the spires !! the letter didnt come from cowley hill cant remember where i came from and i dont have the letter to hand but i will update later. Sooooooo happy !! I'm going on holiday in June, not sure when i will hear from the spires but i hope its soon ...

Hows things with you Fizz ??

Would like to thank you all for all the advice and encouragement

Updated letter came from Nutgrove park

and Hi Rayne !!

Last edited:
Halucin8 said:
:553:
Hello, well i have been trying to ring cowley hill but there is never a reply, but yesterday i got a letter i have got the funding for the spires !! the letter didnt come from cowley hill cant remember where i came from and i dont have the letter to hand but i will update later. Sooooooo happy !! I'm going on holiday in June, not sure when i will hear from the spires but i hope its soon ...

Hows things with you Fizz ??

Would like to thank you all for all the advice and encouragement

Great news! It's really quick now, I will get you the number for the SPIRES tomoz, so you can ring up and chase your appointments. Mine all happened within 3 months.
I am fine hun, 7 Weeks out and 2st and 13lb lighter, although this includes pre op. It's not easy, I won't lie, but what a new lease of life! Starting zumba tomoz!

Where abouts in St Helens are you from hun?? It's really no prob, we all here to support each other cuz we all know how hard it is and what we all go through. Will get back to.you tomoz with number. xx

Back