• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hi guys could somehelp please

Slim4son

Hi guys could you answer a few questions please

Wht do you eat on pre op anyhow soon can u start it

What is post op and agai what do you eat

Also what is the average weekly weight loss

Cheers guys looking to get this done august week before bank Hols so long time yet as you can see I'm scared stiff if I can however try the pre op diet now I'll be ok and ready for op xxx

hi a pre op is to shrink your liver cause where they put your band its under the liver and the smaller your liver shrinks the less weight they have to lift in surgery. All the pre ops are different depending on the surgeon mine was 10 days on 4 pints of semi skimmed milk and a cup of oxo cube a day i stuck to it like glue i did lick a strawberry one day but was too scared to eat it lol. Post op was sloppys for a week then a bit lumpy the next week then a week later more texture and then solids i think week 3 but really your body tells you what you can and cant eat you just know its trial and error for me. My surgeon said id prob loose on average between 1-3lbs but this varies from person to person we are all individuals! Good luck with your op you wont look back! xx

my pre op was a low carb, no sugar, low fat diet. Typically a little protein i.e. chicken / fish / eggs with non starchy veg, salad, green veg, muchrooms etc. I hate milk and couldnt do the milk one, which was an option. The surgeon said my liver was perfect, so I know it worked fine! Lets hope you get a choice and do whatever suits you. That said its normally only for two weeks. I lost approx 8 / 9 lbs on it.

Hi, think my op is about the same time as yours; it is nerve wracking, but exciting too..hopefully the start of a journey to a new and improved healthier us!! Good luck :)

It depends which hospital you are under as to what exactly the pre-op diet is and how long you are on it for as it is really just to reduce the liver size by using up the glucose stored in it.
Post-op again I believe it is liquids for the first few weeks starting on simple liquids usually clear water, moving towards full liquids or things like yoghurts and soups, Then onto purreed foods and then soft mashed foods or simple ones before trying solids or so I believe as am pre-op to but am due to start my pre-op diet a week on monday ready for surgery on the 5th July. over a 6-8 week time frame but we re each different and recover faster or a slower pace depending on how swiftly you and your body recovers and responds.

But if I have missed anything or there are better info someone on here will give it to you.

Its only recommended to do the pre op,preop and not for weeks before its not a 'diet'its to shrink your liver.You need to do a lot of research and read up as much as you can.How much do you have to lose?are you going thru nhs or private?have you done a weight management course?Maz x

Back