• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Pre op questions and experience with gastric band URGENT :) xx

x.Nicky.x

Hi Guys, :p

I have a few questions, hope you can help...

During pre op diet, if you get headakes - can you take painkillers?

My op is at 12, do you think I will have to stay in or will I be able to go home (what was ur experience)?

How have you found living with the band? Whats the best and hardest thing?

I am a fast eater..is it hard to adjust and learn to slow down o_O..

Thanksssss

NICKY :hugs: xxx

I had mine done nearly two years ago.

In answer to your questions I am not sure if you will be able to go straight home. I ended up going down about three so I had to stay over but it was actually nice to have the rest there.

With fast eating you will have to really slow that down. You will find that you will just not be able to eat that fast so it will be a learning curve. I had to learn as I was used to mindless eating, I have to think about every mouthful now. How big it is and how many times I chew but you get used to it.

Tracey x

I had mine done nearly two years ago.

In answer to your questions I am not sure if you will be able to go straight home. I ended up going down about three so I had to stay over but it was actually nice to have the rest there.

With fast eating you will have to really slow that down. You will find that you will just not be able to eat that fast so it will be a learning curve. I had to learn as I was used to mindless eating, I have to think about every mouthful now. How big it is and how many times I chew but you get used to it.

Tracey x

Thanks for your reply :)...how did ur band go? Did u lose much weight? Are you pleased you had it?

Yes it may be a good thing staying in - hopefully there are other banders in there :)

Spoke to them today and apperently they give me a food timer so i know how long each mouthful should take which is good :)

Xxxxx

Hi @Nickynooo yes you can take painkillers although keeping hydrated helps :D

Whether you stay in or not depends on the hospital and how you recover. I had my band op in the afternoon so stayed in over night, also I was in fit state to go home.

I was 100% prepared for the smaller portions so that was expected, you will absolutely HAVE to slow down on your eating, the consequences will not be nice if you don't. You will need to chew and take things slow (when you move onto solid foods that is).

Good luck x

Hi @Nickynooo yes you can take painkillers although keeping hydrated helps :D

Whether you stay in or not depends on the hospital and how you recover. I had my band op in the afternoon so stayed in over night, also I was in fit state to go home.

I was 100% prepared for the smaller portions so that was expected, you will absolutely HAVE to slow down on your eating, the consequences will not be nice if you don't. You will need to chew and take things slow (when you move onto solid foods that is).

Good luck x

Thanks Mazza - so helpful as usual xx

Back