• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Few hours Post op,Help!!! THG

pauladerm

Hi guys,
I finally had my lab band done this morning @ Dolan park at about 9am today. So far, I feel alright though I had a slight discomfort with my throat and a lot of dry mouth. I had several sips of water, and some pain killers because the area around the port was a bit painfull. Other than hat , it's been great. I have also walked around the hospital and had the peppermint tea, which has been so helpful. Guess what guys I lost 10kg during my pre op diet. I was so shocked with myself. Well I just want to thank u all for posting your wonderfull weight loss experience and y'all have been my inspiration. I can't wait to start dropping of some dress sizes.

Questions please.
Can you guys help me with some of ur post op diet during the first few days nd hours of you lab band.

Are you still in the hospital?

Glad it all went well but they should give you a diet sheet.

Usually banders are liquid only at first, so soups with no lumps, milkshakes, slim fast - that sort of thing xx

Yes I am, but I am sure to be leaving soon.

I left there this morning!! Glad it went well, that's a fantastic pre-op weight loss too. I have so far had today a smoothie (about half) 1/3 of a slim fast and a few mouthfuls of soup. Will continue with this all week until I can increase it a bit x

Well done and they will give you an advice booklet on what to eat. For 2 weeks I was liquids only, anything you can drink through a straw but not use a straw. I had slimfast, weight watchers tomato soup, milky coffee and fruit juices.

Then I did 2 weeks mush stage which is foods the consistency of shepherds pie, fish pie, mashed potato etc. You will get advice before you leave and if you don't just ask x

Back