• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hi guys

zns

Hi guys

I havent been on here for ages, I had to stop coming on as I was getting more and more upset and depressed at the fact that people at the same hospital were getting their surgery and I was still waiting for my sleep study and the results.

I was referred for my sleep study last october but they cocked up and I didnt end up getting it done until 1st march! Im still waiting for the results! (I did have the more complicated sleep study than the normal just for apnea one)

Luckily my gp wrote to the hospital psychiatrist to say that my mental health was worsening and I got to speak to her on the phone, she spoke to the dr at the hospital and they have put me on the list for a surgeons appointment even though they dont actually have the sleep study results yet.

I might finally be getting somewhere but I am very down heartened, its been 1 year 3 months since I was referred, and thats longer than usual for Charing Cross.

Sorry for the whiney post.
Hope everyone is ok

Last edited:
Hi

I know how you are feeling, I been waiting well over a year for mine as well and yet I known some ppl to have their ops loose the weight and have contructive surgery in the time we have been waiting just to get one procedure done. It does seem some what fustrating doesnt it :-((

All the best Julie x x

Yeah very frustrating. Especially as my health, mental health and mobility and back pain are just getting worse and worse. :(

I have been able to see the pain clinic now and am just waiting for another appointment to get a loan of a TENS machine to see if it helps with the pain.

I was referred to the community mental health team as well but they have been total rubbish!

Hello there, please don't worry about coming on here wingeing and whinning, it is a support forum and we can emphathise with you.

I agree about the Mental Health my neice tried to commit suicide 4 times before they would help, and it was almost to late as she is in a Mental Health unit now in a very bad state. All this help in the community isn't what it is cracked up to be.

I do hope you get a date soon, and I suggest that you keep on at them chipping away.

Cheer up and Good luck hun xxxxx

I too know how you are feeling, over a year so far for me too! We will get there Im sure, try and focus on the fact that we are actually doing something pro-active to get well and eventually you will get where you want to be....take care x

awww hun stick with it... it's a long old journey for some of us. I had to wait nine months for my sleep test. My consultant kept forgetting about me!! A swift letter of complaint to the CEO at the hospital got me moving again. From first appointment to op it has been 2 years and nine months for me.... such a long time when you feel like yr life is on hold, and I completely agree it does mess with your mind too, I've been on my anti d's for ages now but had to double my dose a few times during my wait.

I hope things pick up for you soon..... before you know it we will be hearing all about your journey xxx

Just to say hope you get it sorted just pop in anytime someone will always be able to help in someway.

xx

Hope they hurry along quickly and you get your op very soon.

I was going to be really ahh and oooh poor you but decided against it, instead.............

That *&^%*ng sucks! You moan and whinge all you like, that is just so unfair grrrrrr flipping beauracrats and hospitals,

Rant all you like, i hope you don't wait much longer xxx

I really hope the surgeon has some good news for you regarding your op sweetheart. It is a pain waiting but once you have your op you'll forget about how long it took you to get there and just be happy that it eventually happened. Good luck with the surgeon and keep us updated. We'll all have our fingers crossed for you. Huge hugs xxxx

Back