• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Charing Cross people: sleep study question

My OSA appointments were before I embarked on the WLS journey, so I can't promise you will have the same experience. I was referred by my GP to the CX sleep centre and had an appointment through after a month or 2. I saw a consultant who went through my history, weight etc and was told I would need a sleep study. The appointment for the study was about 4-6 weeks after the consultation. I had to stay in overnight and was told I would get the results in 2-3 weeks. After a month of not hearing anything I chased them and they told me there had been a problem with the capture of the data and that I needed to go back for a 2nd study. This was done about a month later. About 2 weeks after that I was told that I had OSA and that I needed a CPAP, this was done within 10 days.

HTH,
John xx

Hi

I'm not going through that hospital but thought I would let you know of my experiences so far. I was referred to the sleep centre about 4 months ago, I had my first appointment yesterday. I had the usual, height, weight checks. Did a few breathing tests, filled in some sleep questionnaires and then spoke to the Doc for some time.

The results of the questionnaires, my weight and other symptoms (depression, anxiety etc) indicate that it is probable that I suffer from OSA. The sleep doctor decided that it was imperative that I was seen as an emergency patient, therefore I am having a home sleep study on 27th January, otherwise it would have been a 4 - 5 month wait.

The sleep doctor gets the results of the sleep study in 7 - 10 days and then the next course of action is indicated by the results.

I hope that your tests are carried out quickly xxx

I am not at the same hospital as you, but i have had my sleep study this week. My GP referred me about 3 weeks ago they are really quick here in Colchester Essex, i went in on Tuesday morning here they see you in a group they go through all about the needs of the study and how it all works and show you how to put the machine and all the wires on, this all took about a hour and half then we left with our machines,and questionaire, they were all pre set with the imformation and time to come on, so at 10.30pm i am wired up ready for bed not the most comfortable nights sleep i have ever had, lol the next morning the machine had to be returned to the ward by 10.30am, now i just have to wait for my results. I have a appointment on the 16th feb at L&D so i hope my results are back by then.
Hope your sleep study goes well for you.

purrdreamz that is similar to me doctors refered me i waited 10 days for an app when i got there they asked me a few questions wired me up to a machine to take home and a questionaire i had to fill in and take machint back the next day.

Hi Kerry how long was it before you got your results back. Hope you don't mind me asking.

it was about a week and i recieved a copy of a letter stating the results,but i also gave cx the hospital details for them to contact the clinic .
which they told them results over the phone.

I had an appointment with the consultant first (this was prior to my wls journey - in fact it was what initiated it!). I then got an appointment to stay overnight - it came through really quickly. I think it was less than a fortnight after my consultation. I stayed overnight and, because I wasn't in a hurry to rush off anywhere, they let me see the consultant again after I woke from my sleep study and he gave me the results there and then.

That was all at Charing Cross.

Good luck hun. xx

Hi Kerry it is a week tommorrow since my study i am going to give them a call to see if they have any results, hope they are a quick as your study came back.

Back