• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Sleep Study clinic

pollybree

Hi, I have my appointment at darlington sleep study clinic, its at 9.55am, I thought I had to sleep over at the hospital for the test, can someone tell me what to expect??

how did it go

Usually if its the first time they will just talk about what happens do you wake yourself up, does your other half think you stop breathing etc. If you are going to get kitted out for the test they will attach a band around your tummy and one just under your arm pits. A box is attache to the lower one and then when night time comes the nurse will have programmed it to switch on whatever time you said you usually sleep. Then it will turn off the usual time you wake up. There is a wire that will be attached to your index finger which will light up when when it does switch on. In the dark its like ET. oNE SMALL tube will go around your nose at the base which will detect air going in and coming out. The monitor measures your breathing and heart beat and will monitor it allnight long so they can tell what happens whenever you sleep. This will detect what your patterns are and if a machine will be required for you to sleep in the future. xx Hope that sounds ok xxx

Lol...Chrisa

You made me laugh as your right about ET in the dark.
Infact when it was on my finger I couldn't wait for it to come off in the morning,my finger felt numb and sore!

me too xx Made the mistake of letting nurse decide how to put it on the 1st time whe n I got home to take my bra off n get my jim jams on the wire was casught some how between my finger and my bra strap couldnt take the bloody thing off had to sleep with it on n I never do that was terrible made sure the next time I sorted it out ha x was like the bloomin crypton factor. xx

me too xx Made the mistake of letting nurse decide how to put it on the 1st time whe n I got home to take my bra off n get my jim jams on the wire was casught some how between my finger and my bra strap couldnt take the bloody thing off had to sleep with it on n I never do that was terrible made sure the next time I sorted it out ha x was like the bloomin crypton factor. xx

Lol..it's a right pain to sleep with that's for sure.

Been and seen the doc, because I am one of the 'lighter ones' he said that he doubts if its a serious case, I am now 15st 10lb, so I have lost 8lb so far woo hoo, they are still going to do a sleep study with the machine to rule it out altogether fingers crossed!! My weight loss target is 11lb for by next appointment in June, I cant wait!!

Back