• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hi, I’m a very nervous newbie

AllyDaly

Morning,

Hi I’ve been waiting for 2 years for my first appointment and it’s finally happening on Thursday. Im actually really nervous about it for lots of reasons and have buried my head in the sand about it all as the weight piles on.

I’m scared and don’t know what to expect and hope I don’t get cold feet and not go
Ally x

Irene44

Morning,

Hi I’ve been waiting for 2 years for my first appointment and it’s finally happening on Thursday. Im actually really nervous about it for lots of reasons and have buried my head in the sand about it all as the weight piles on.

I’m scared and don’t know what to expect and hope I don’t get cold feet and not go
Ally x

Hi and welcome Hun. You really have come to the right forum. You will get lots of help and support on here. It’s quite normal to be nervous. We have all been there. Read the threads and people’s journeys It’s so worth it to take that time to read them. You feel as if you know that person. We all have food demons that’s why we are all either waiting foR or have had WLS So keep posting and welcome:) xx

J

Jonicorn

I was the same as you. It was on my mind 24/7 but it truly is the best thing that I have ever done. Now its on my mind for all the right reasons. I was scared of the surgery itself, but when I woke up, I felt silly for the big fuss I made.

Think of it as the start of the rest of your life.

AllyDaly

Thank you, I’m already talking myself out of attending the appointment. But am trying to give myself a swift kick up the arse .

Bling Babe

Morning,

Ally x
Hiya, welcome to a friendly forum, nerves are perfectly normal but please don’t back out of your appointment, you won’t regret having surgery, you look very beautiful in your picture btw, which hospital are you with and do you know which surgery you’d like to have?
I found this forum invaluable especially in the early days, read as many diaries as you can and use any waiting time to research research research and research again it really is the best possible start to your new life. Good luck on Thursday look forward to seeing your updates xx

AllyDaly

Hi my appointment is at St Richards in Chichester ? I just stuffed the appointment letter in my drawer like it’s a dirty little secret . I hate talking about myself especially to the medical profession and I can come across as really defensive and not engaging .
Thank you re my profile piccy it’s amazing what a dirty camera lens and someone doing your hair ( hairpiece ) and make up can achieve Lol x

Maria61

Morning,

Ally x
Welcome Ally, good luck for your appointment and as Bling says we are all here to help you every step of the way xxx

Parsnip

Hi and welcome. Also wondering why you're first appointment took 2 years. Good luck for Thursday, I remember how anxious I was for my first appointment but they were so, so lovely and I'm sureyours will be too. Which hospital are you with? Totally agree with the others about researching, it's so important to know not only what to expect but to make sure this is the right decision for you and give you the best possible chance for success x

Sarnie

Hi and welcome, it's normal to be nervous, but please don't cancel you've waited so long for it and you'll be in good hands. You're not committed to anything by going and you've got nothing to lose (well except weight lol) and everything to gain, just go and see what they have to say, you'll be fine. Which hospital are you under? xx

Last edited:

MariaMaria83

Hey Ally! Welcome to the family! It really is so natural to be nervous but it’s a big, huge, step in the right direction. I’m sure most of us felt the same, certainly for myself, but as soon as I set foot in the nurses office I felt at ease, they were all so lovely, so please, don’t worry.
Wishing you lots of luck for Thursday, keep us posted, xx

Bling Babe

Thank you, I’m already talking myself out of attending the appointment. But am trying to give myself a swift kick up the arse .
Kick that ass HARD, please go, you won’t regret it but as has been said you can back out right up until surgery xx

AllyDaly

Morning guys,

Well I’m on the train and I’m going to walk the 1 1/2 miles from the station to hospital. I feel numb to be honest ( which is better than feeling nervous I suppose ) I’m reading up and doing some research which is pretty scary . I can’t believe it’s come to this where I’ve let it get so out control . I Don’t like myself very much at the moment .

MariaMaria83

Morning guys,

Well I’m on the train and I’m going to walk the 1 1/2 miles from the station to hospital. I feel numb to be honest ( which is better than feeling nervous I suppose ) I’m reading up and doing some research which is pretty scary . I can’t believe it’s come to this where I’ve let it get so out control . I Don’t like myself very much at the moment .
Good luck today, you won’t need it tho I’m sure. And well done for getting on that train and getting yourself there! Biggest step done. Let us know how you’re feeling about it all later, xx

Maria61

Morning guys,

You will be fine xx

Bling Babe

Morning guys,

Love yourself......your doing this for your future long and healthy life....be proud xx

Sarnie

Morning guys,

Well done, I really don't think you'll regret it. You're taking a step in the right direction. Let us know how you got on x

Parsnip

How did you get on Hun?