• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hi i am new

Hi annie welcome to the forum good luck xx

I'm not in that area but best of luck and welcome to the forum. Hopefully someone in your area will be along soon to give you more advice :) x

hi I had my op at Murrayfield spire under gravitas but they aren't dealing with spire now but am under the care of Blackpool spire and they have same people I believe and to be honest can't fault them :) good luck x

Welcome :)

I had my procedure etc done with Healthier Weight all of which started with the appointment I had with Dr Ashton - I had Mr Super and had my band fitted in August last year. I cannot express how good they have been, their pre, during and post op care and support has been wonderful!

They do have quite strict guidelines in terms of the things they suggest post op or at least they do with the band, but it leads to good results! Have you decided what procedure you're wanting yet?

If you ever want to chat or anything always feel free to give me a shout, HW have been excellent - they also have their own forum which you will be able to join and post on if you book/go ahead with them, but having heard such mixed feedback about other providers, Im glad and very pleased with HW :)

Welcome :)

I had my procedure etc done with Healthier Weight all of which started with the appointment I had with Dr Ashton - I had Mr Super and had my band fitted in August last year. I cannot express how good they have been, their pre, during and post op care and support has been wonderful!

They do have quite strict guidelines in terms of the things they suggest post op or at least they do with the band, but it leads to good results! Have you decided what procedure you're wanting yet?

If you ever want to chat or anything always feel free to give me a shout, HW have been excellent - they also have their own forum which you will be able to join and post on if you book/go ahead with them, but having heard such mixed feedback about other providers, Im glad and very pleased with HW :)

Ooooo thats great to hear I am also seeing dr ashton , i have had a phonecall today to see if i was still ok for saturday i said i cant wait !!! I am thinking of bypass or sleeve depending what they reccommend to be honest they can do whatever they want as long as i get the weight off and it stays off !!!! Am hoping to get it done this month , have been on 1,200 calories since 1 st January how long did u wait?
Thanks for replying appreciate it so much xxx

Welcome! I'm from the US, Maryland to be exact andI'm two weeks out from having the sleeve and I'm exited and happy with results. Good luck on your journey!

Sent from my M886 using WLSurgery

Hi i m new here I am having a consultation with healthier weight dr ashton on saturday at manchester spire hospital , anyone been there ?

Hi I had my gastric plication (wrap) at Spire Manchester with Prof Ammori. Great Bariatric staff and no complaints with hospital. Good luck on your journey!

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Hi thanks for the information
Ooo whats a plication wrap please?

It's where your stomach is folded in on itself (plicated) and stitched to make a smaller sausage shaped stomach. No cutting, re-plumbing or foreign bodies :)

Very new in UK and only Prof Ammori and another surgeon in London do it. It's still classed as 'experimental' under NICE guidelines so not available on NHS but available more widely overseas and cheaper than UK.

There are an increasing number of people on here who have had their wraps done abroad. Check out the dedicated WRAP section on the forum. Lots more info x

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

am sure they will call quite promptly - their care before and after I've found to be excellent . . .

Back