• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hospital comparisons

zns

Hi everyone, sorry I have only just registered so there may well be somewhere obvious on here I have missed.
I got a phone call from my GP today saying that the PCT have agreed to fund weight loss surgery. I have been given the option of 2 hospitals and I would like to research which to choose but I can't find much online to help. Can anyone point me in the right direction?
The hospitals are Chelsea and Westminster and Charing Cross

Thank you

Hello zns

And welcome, I'm at the Whittington, wasn't given a choice so can't help. But someone else will surely know.

All the best
Lizzy

I was given two choices also but decided on the one nearest to me
a because they have an obesity unit, have had for 20 odd yrs, so felt they knew what they were doing, and b. because it would be easier for visitors. I hated the thought of not being able to see any family for a few days.
Not sure that will help as you need to make your own choice, but that is how I thought it through.
There are several people going through charring cross so maybe someone will see your thread who is currently with them and be able to help you

Jay xx

Hi
I`ll be getting my surgery at Charing Cross Hospital . I haven`t been there because their team came to Belfast last Nov and I had my pre ops there . I got my funding through last Oct and was to get my surgery in Jan or Feb but because I have angina and I get the pain at rest as well as at walk . I have to get more test done before the surgery . If the heart is OK and I only have to have my meds changed I want a bypass but if the is something wrong then I`ll be having the sleeve which only takes about 40 mins . I wish you the very best of luck with you choice . The is a few girls I know from a different site that have had their surgery and they said its a lovely hospital . And the team are very nice too . Please keep us posted . Good luck and take care .
MARGARET XX

Hi ZNS
That is fantastic news your going to Charing Cross . The Consultant Surgeon that is going to do my surgery is Mr Ahmed . And the other Dr I seen was Dr Le-Roux they are both very nice . You can let me know if you see them and what the hospital is like . Please keep in touch hun . Take care .
MARGARET XX

I will let you know Margaret.

I told my GP on friday to send my referral there so hopefully it wont be too long before I hear back from them. x

Back