• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hi im due to have gastric sleeve and hernia op on april 15th.

kimw

I am so excited as I am hopefully at the start of a new life, it's been a very long road with many stops along the way and I don't think I will actually believe that this time it will happen until I wake up in recovery and the nurse says it's been done.
I am currently on a 3 week milk and yoghurt diet and it's hard, I'm not hungry but I do crave things, I have been good but I would love some vegetables. I am finding it difficult to find zero fat low sugar yoghurt that isn't plain.
Has anyone else done this diet and which yoghurt did you have?
I look forward to hearing your stories x

Hi Kimw,

Just wanted to stop by and say hello and best of luck with your surgery, you must be so excited! I'm only at the start of my wls journey so I'm afraid I can't help but I dare say someone will be along soon to help. Everyone is so helpful and friendly, you've come to the right place for support and advice.

There is a section on the forum for pre op diets so maybe there is something in there that will be helpful.

Take care and keep us updated with your progress hun x

Best of luck Kimw. Exciting times ahead..! x

Thank you
I have finished work till after the op getting a bit apprehensive now mainly hoping there are enough beds on Wednesday, mind you nothing I can do now will change that. My bag is ready my head is ready bring it on. Xx

Where are you having your op. Mine is on the 16th April at Luton & Dunstable.
I am also on the milk diet and I am eating 0% fat yogurt which has the lowest sugar amount at 4% which is acceptable. It's Greek yogurt made by FAGE and is called Total 0% - 57 calories per 100g. I mix a 1/2 teaspoon honey with it which was OK'd by my dietician, it just takes the sour taste away. It's lovely and creamy when mixed up. It's helping me get over this mild diet, I am finding it more difficult this time than when I did it on my Tier 3.

Good luck with your op. There's quite a few of us having the op. in April. They better be shifting up and giving us plenty of room on that loser's bench.

Hi sundowners, best of luck to you too, I'm going to Walsall manor which is only 8 miles from where I live. I might not have much wifi as it's dreadful at the hospital, I'm going in at 12 pm on Wednesday so my op must be scheduled for sometime in the afternoon. I'm not sure how long I'll be in as I'm having a massive hernia repair also.
Could be a few days till I'm back but no worries I'll be right beside you on the losers bench. X

I'm also having a hernia repair. I was told that the morning after op. if everything is good I can go home, but as we live 2 hours from the hospital we have booked another night in the hotel, just in case something wasn't right. We booked it for the night before op. as we have to be at hospital by 9am and my husband will sleep there on the night of the op. and then both of us again the day after op. Two more sleeps before the off.

I'm really lucky being so close as all my family can come visit, I've been told ill could be a few days, but I hope it's only 2. I think my surgeons were saying longer to cover themselves. All the best , I'm off for a yoghurt I've grown to like total 0% and that's something I didn't think would happen. X Kim

Hi sundowners, best of luck to you too, I'm going to Walsall manor which is only 8 miles from where I live. I might not have much wifi as it's dreadful at the hospital, I'm going in at 12 pm on Wednesday so my op must be scheduled for sometime in the afternoon. I'm not sure how long I'll be in as I'm having a massive hernia repair also. Could be a few days till I'm back but no worries I'll be right beside you on the losers bench. X

Good luck for tommorrow. I will be looking for to reading of your shrinking! Also to hear how it goes at Walsall as my sleeve surgery is due there also. Take care and best wishes.

Deb

Last edited:
I will keep you informed my bag is packed and I'm just relaxing and catching up on some tv
X

well done kim don't forget to top up and keep us all informed :D even the rants
and congratulations very envy of yah

Blade

How's your journey going? Have they given you an idea of what's next for you?

Best wishes

Deb

I'm done and alive went down to theatre at 1.00 m yesterday and woke around 4.30 I'm fine sore and have a couple of drips but fine it's very noisy as in a 6 bed section and all old and poorly I thought I would be with other similar people still I'm not complaining the dehydration is bad I'm constantly dry sipping water and managed a small coffee around 7 last night
I've no idea how long I'll be in longer than just a sleeve I was given to understand but you never know
I feel a bit sorry for myself today but later I'm sure I'll perk up I usually do
YIPPEE I'm on the bench xx

All the very best for today and the start of a whole new life, see you on the losers bench!

Back