• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hi im due to have gastric sleeve and hernia op on april 15th.

Hi Kim. It's unbelievable with what I eat and what you can manage - especially as I think I am living on a meagre amount due to the pre op diet! Compared to you - I am gorging! I feel listless on my daily feast so what's running your body heaven knows!!!!!

Walsall's post op is amongst the longest I've seen on a stage by stage basis - but it clearly works as people seem to have good result and manage to discover how their new 'plumbing' works.

If you want I am very happy to meet you at the hospital on Friday for coffee. I may be fit for nothing on the 10th. I've told my family not to visit as I think it would upset my daughter if I am too out of sorts!

Take care and very, very well done to you!
X

Hi debs
I'm off on holiday on Wednesday but will have wifi (fingers crossed). So will keep in touch we will confirm who is at hosp when when you know what days you have to attend but either way we will get together sometime that week I'm sure
Regarding the food yes it's meagre portions but honestly it's hard work to eat anything so in that way it's so much easier than pre op. As I said not for one second have I thought what have I done. I lack energy but that's improving and I don't drink enough so I'm Working on that.
Keep up the good work x

Hi debs I'm off on holiday on Wednesday but will have wifi (fingers crossed). So will keep in touch we will confirm who is at hosp when when you know what days you have to attend but either way we will get together sometime that week I'm sure Regarding the food yes it's meagre portions but honestly it's hard work to eat anything so in that way it's so much easier than pre op. As I said not for one second have I thought what have I done. I lack energy but that's improving and I don't drink enough so I'm Working on that. Keep up the good work x

No worries - have an amazing holiday and take good care - sip sip sip I see people say alll the time so I will say that's also as it seems the right thing to do! X

Well I have religiously followed the MRSA treatment - cream up nose 3 times a day and daily washing in a hospital strength anti bacterial wash that has a feint odour of bleach!!! My hair hates the stuff - it's stripped the colour and made it dry - but if it deals with the apparent MRSA colony that invaded me sometimes after my pre op in March but before was there by my May pre op - I will be grateful!

First swab tomorrow to see if I am clear. This needs to be clear for me to have surgery on 10th June. Don't think I will cope well with a second cancellation!

Hope everyone is well and enjoyed a restful long weekend x

Tha

Last edited:
Well I have religiously followed the MRSA treatment - cream up nose 3 times a day and daily washing in a hospital strength anti bacterial wash that has a feint odour of bleach!!! My hair hates the stuff - it's stripped the colour and made it dry - but if it deals with the apparent MRSA colony that invaded me sometimes after my pre op in March but before was there by my May pre op - I will be grateful! First swab tomorrow to see if I am clear. This needs to be clear for me to have surgery on 10th June. Don't think I will cope well with a second cancellation! Hope everyone is well and enjoyed a restful long weekend x

Debs Fingers crossed for you, hope you've beaten the dreaded MRSA, I'm off on hols in the morning, but will have some access to WIFI, so hope to follow your journey.
It's 6 weeks since my op tomorrow and all is going well, still struggle to eat and drink but seem to be coping well and the lbs keep going down, a bit more slowly now but that's to be expected. Looking forward to having more energy and then I might be able to walk a bit more, mind you I never was fond of exercise so can't see that changing really lol.
Hoping to swim a bit if pool warm enough though.
I'm at hospital on 5 th June for first follow up, so looking forward to that, hence why only 1 week away.
Keep fighting those bugs, thinking of you and your struggle. X Kim

Back