• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

hi im new 2 this site im going in hospital on 30 dec

d.b safc

just need a bit info im getting the gastric bybass im on the diet to shrink my liver but im diabetic . as any one been on this diet and av you had the surgery thanks

d.b safc said:
just need a bit info im getting the gastric bybass im on the diet to shrink my liver but im diabetic . as any one been on this diet and av you had the surgery thanks

Hi I was on the liver shrink diet before I had my bypass four weeks ago am not a diabetic but I was fine and my op went really good no problems and am doing ok weight not moving as iv gone in to starvation mode got to up my cals hoping it moves soon hope you go on ok good luck xxjuem

I also did diet and too a diabetic. I didn't have any problems. After surgery I was told to stop taking metformin. I haven't a clue what my blood sugars have been as I have no glucometer but I have been absolutely fine. My op was 5 weeks ago, I haven't had any problems and even started back in work this week. Hope this helps. x

Hiya hun... i am type 2 diabetic and before the op my diabetic clinic were saying i may have to go on insulin... i did the liver diet for 4 weeks before the op... 2 weeks before i only had to take 1 metformin instead of two...and since the op i havent had to take any. i still keep a check on my glucose twice a day.. and im always between 4 and 7 so ive had no problems with the diabetis and im sure you will have no problems either. xx

Last edited:
I have type 2 and have just started pre-op diet, last thursday, op on 5th january. i use the victoza pen and they just told me to carry on as normal for the time being but lower my dose if i ever feel my sugars are low. what date is your op? x

Back