• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hi im a new member :)

emma12

Hi to all,
my name is emma and i have just joined the forum today. My goal is to lose weight as im too fat and overweight. My weight is 31 stones and i find it hard to do the basics in life like put on my shoes and i struggle to get up once i've sat down. Its time i actually proved people wrong and started to lose weight. i have joined the forum so that i can get help and support from it. I have been looking at some diets as i am going to diet for a while and then im thinking of going for surgery. atm my priority is to find a suitable diet and try losing a couple of stones.
thanks
emma

Welcome Emma. Can I ask why you are not asking for surgery now?

get in there emma never to early to get referred it can take ages and if you have seen your doctor before you start a diet they can assess you better on your BMI and get your surgery quicker, if you wait your bmi will be lower and could spoil the chance of surgery.
You might lose loads of weight then yoyo it all back on then you in the same boat as you are now and that could be 12 months from now wasted,
my only regret now i have had the surgery,
is i wish i had it done years ago after yoyo dieting

Hi Emma,
I too am new and don't really know how to work this site :-( I'm 25 stone myself and I hear what ur sayin, I've realised that for me all the diets out they're work its me that's the problem! I'm just going through the process for surgery as my last option.
I've been on and off with slimming world for years they're my favourite amongst the diets out they're have you tried that one?
Lacy x

Welcome Emma x

Hellooooooo Emma & Minty :) It is a long process to get WLS & you would still have time to try to lose it by dieting whilst waiting. Good luck whatever you both decide to do & in the meantime we will all support you :D xxx

Hi Emma and Minty Welcome I'm sure you are both going to feel right at home here, there is lots of information and everyone's really friendly.

Hi Emma and Minty, welcome to the forum. I'm fairly new too. My advice would be get to your doctors now and ask for a referral for surgery if that's what you want.

Like others have said, it's a long process and can take years. So get in there now and start the ball rolling. I'm kicking myself for all the years I wasted. You can still try and lose weight while your waiting for surgery :)

Back