• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

hi im terry

ferett

Hi All,

Im terry a male of 39 and have just got funding after only a couple of weeks to get surgery.......

but im un sure and worried despite wanting to lose the weight yet again after years of dieting being skinny and being fat....lol

how i love my food !!!!

Hi terry x

I'm six weeks post op and still able to love my food :) Just not so much of it

Hi Terry I'm Chris n I am 9 months post op, gastric bypass. Best thing i have ever done, wish i could have had it done in my early 20's, if the opportunity is there then why waste it we have all lost weight then puti t back on again and more thats why we are on this journey. Go with whats right for you you obviously thought it was to go for funding, so whats changed, anything? If not just nerves because its becoming reality. WE all still like our food just in different quantities now much smaller and more healthier. xx

Hi terry & welcome, congratulations on getting your funding. Wls is a final solution to dieting, yes you will have a diet to follow for the rest of your life & yes despite others points of views that it's the easy way put its not a magic wand. At times it's not easy but the results are fantastic, for some it's a really tough road as things don't always go as smoothly as is hoped.
I was luck despite years of self abuse with food I was only 19st at my heaviest, with support pre surgery I'd lost just under 3st but knew the old habits would return & so would the weight. Pre & since surgery I have lost 7st 10lbs and am now 11st 6lbs with only another 10lbs to lose to hit a healthy bmi & 13lbs to hit a normal weight. I am now almost 11mths post op, I've battled with my comfort eating demons while stressed over my eldests I'll health leading to him having to take medical leave from his final year at Uni, I am currently battling my demons that are still there post surgery & we have to face to ensure once we reach our goals we don't fail again as the surgery deals with our stonachs & the amount it can take at anyone time we have to deal with those demons that give us out excuses for putting food in our mouths to excess. I'll get there & perhaps I've hidden from facing my demons until now or just been to busy with other crisies to deal with them before. One way or another I will win this battle as my pouch & I are winning the weight battle. I am determined having made it down to a size 10 from a size 20 not to change my new wardrobe of clothes for anything other than a size 8 if I get to my ultimate goal of 9st 7lbs, excess skin may prevent that & that's another thing I need to deal with until either I get funding or save enough to have plastic surgery to remove it.

But & it's a big but, I have yet to regret this surgery I have had good & bad days but I feel so much healthier than pre-op, in so much less pain. I have a chance of living to an old age rather than a young death. I can't make your choices for you but having been given this chance to get slimmer & healthier I'd say take it with open arm, do your re-search so you can take it with an open mind & heart.

But whatever your decision good luck.

hi to the both of you.

well done yvessa, you have done really well, im scared about the surgery but being a mainly man..lol, iv not told any one my worries and havent really explained the truth to my wife.

what were your concerns ? if you had any

thanks

thanks for the kind words and welcome.

i also abuse food and use it as a crutch in my life, usally eating in secret but at home eating healthy.

iv lost around 15 stone before going from a 60" waist to a 34" but have gained and lost the weight over the last 19 years.

but the weight has finally caught up with me and im starting to ache in my joints despite being active.

Welcome to this forum & good luck. We are all here for you.

Hey Terry! welcome to the site, everyone is so friendly and always happy to help :) Where are you from, and what surgery are you looking at having? :) xxx

Terry- concerns are an operation is a big step for most people, your joints are suffering, how will they be in 2 years time and 5 years time will you be able to walk? I know thta I didn't want to and couldn't afford to keep putting on weight . I lost weight soo many times then put it back on and more, this had to stop I am now 46 but still enjoy my life but that wouldn't have been able to continue had I not had the operation. My friends and family were very scared for me but I was quite excited, I have asked for help sooo many times b ut was never really given any that was productive. It took me 21 months to get to the op, but i have not regretted having it done, my hubbys worst fear was that its permanent and I would be able to eat virtually nothing he knows now he was wrong and everyone has been soo supportive, there have been a few times where I asked myself what am I doing before the op and even what have i done after the op, but hey the good out weighs the lot have lost 8 stone since last summer,of which is 6stone since the op last August. My surgeon said if he thought i was in any doubt at all he would not do it, you need to do some soul searching and ask yourself if its really what you want, talk to your wife, my hubby wasn't very happy at the start but he came round and been sooo supportive you need people on your side to help you through, but you need to decide for definite if its for you or not. I hope you go with it you won't look back I promise you, even those who have problems don't regret the op, so read all the posts and talk to the wife xx

Hiya Terry and Welcome, Its perfectly normal to have concerns I still had concerns whilst on my way to theatre but I have struggled with wanting things I now can't have like fizzy pop I lived on the stuff pre op but now if i could go bk to being fat and having fizzy pop there wud be no chance giving up the pop and having this op is the best thing Ive ever done for myself. I am 1lb short of 8 stone loss in less that 7 mth its wierd cause I still cant believe I went thru with it and its working for me!

Sent from my GT-I9000 using WLSurgery

thanks

Thanks again for the kind words of endearment, i really appreciate it!!!

i live not so far from a few of the members on here in Stanford-Le-Hope, Essex.

I will have the support from my wife but i'm quite a guarded person and keep most things to my self.

It's just the way i am, but hopefully in cyber world i can open up...lol

hi terry don't worry about the surgery they look after you realy well had my op end of january this year and started my journey in aug last year when i was told at the sleep apneoa clinic that i had no need to go again i said why am i cured the doctor said no, if didn't lose the weight i would be dead this time next year, scared the hell out of me.
so irang the pct and nagged them till i got a date,had my op as i say jan weighing 27 st 12 lbs @my heaveist now down to 17st 12lb and feeling 100% still eat my favorite food just not mounds of it.
so go for it and dont look back it's the best thing i have ever done and i have the full support of all my family as you need them to no about what you are doing and not just starving yourself
hard work but well worth the results mate :)

I had a good life preop despite my weight, but was terrified of losing my mobility as I could see it slipping away. It was a case of weighing that fear up against the fear of leaving my partner and child without a girlfriend and mother. And the realisation that if I didn't do something it would happen sooner than I could bear anyway.

Me too. It was the loss of mobility & pain that spurred me on. Had to use a mobility scooter to get around shopping malls & almost military planning to go any where. Now your should seen me fly around Ikea & not even have to sit down.

Hi terry, I'm awaiting my operation too and am new to the site.

Welcome, and wishing you luck on your journey whichever decision you make! :)

hello, terry im new also. This is a fab site with lots of people who can help and guide you about surgery xx

Back