• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hi I'm New : ))))

is anyone in the bradford area available to have a chat re the benefits of vgs versus g band i cand dicide and will bw having final consultation soon so need to dicide...

..help please scared and confused.

sorry no i used to live about an hour away but im way up in scotland now travelling to birmingham for surgery tho xx

Hi anne1965 iv only just seen ur reply!! Stupid iPhone didn't give me a notification but just did when another response was posted!!

Thackeray is not too far I live in low moor, near odsal top. In off sick at moment but hoping to be back at work in a week or so, I work shifts so am flexible to meet up

ill be honest i dont know alot about the sleeve but i had my heart set on getting a band so ive just gone for it i think if id spent too much time wondering i wouldnt hav done it at all lol borrowed the money off my partner so forever in debt xx

I'm not sure I think I have it on a leaflet somewhere il have a look, as I was "outsourced" to Nuffield I only spoke to them about there support group in Leeds, but I think everyone is welcome.

I'm starting to feel better now but it's been a rough few weeks!

helllloooo ta darrr im here, well there is an official group, i dont want to get in trouble here for mentioning anything i shudnt lol, right here goes, excuse my shorthand writing,
well when i went to see Michelle the dietitian, she gave me details about the support group, its on every last Wednesday of the month. i haven't been to a group yet, waiting for the last appointment before i go on the list, fingers crossed.. i have added them on my facebook so i can see all the other people on ther and talk to them if i need to.
as for the band or sleeve, well from what iv seen it takes alot longer to lose the weight with a band, im not to sure about the sleeve, they just gave me a booklet to read, i think i want the bypass, as its the quickest for losing the weight. and i dont want to hang about, i have no patience lol.

Well I'm not sure how quickly you are trying to lose the weight but I'm one week and five days out of surgery with the sleeve. I have already lossed 18.5 lbs. I feel great and I think that i will get better results not losing so fast. But to each their own. I'm glad that i got the sleeve instead of the bypass. Less invasive and nothing being moved around. Plus i have had no nausea or vomiting and i have eaten some solid food already. Good luck and choose wisely

Sent from my M886 using WLSurgery

helllloooo ta darrr im here, well there is an official group, i dont want to get in trouble here for mentioning anything i shudnt lol, right here goes, excuse my shorthand writing,
well when i went to see Michelle the dietitian, she gave me details about the support group, its on every last Wednesday of the month. i haven't been to a group yet, waiting for the last appointment before i go on the list, fingers crossed.. i have added them on my facebook so i can see all the other people on ther and talk to them if i need to.
as for the band or sleeve, well from what iv seen it takes alot longer to lose the weight with a band, im not to sure about the sleeve, they just gave me a booklet to read, i think i want the bypass, as its the quickest for losing the weight. and i dont want to hang about, i have no patience lol.

hi there guess u must be at st lukes. o saw michelle in dec and have my last appt on feb. the options i have are band or sleeve would never have by pass im under mr gokhale wat about u

Oh u against bypasses? Im with mr may and michelle shud have given u details for the group

Sent from my sony x10 using WLSurgery

do u have facebook hun?

Suz1968 when deciding what procedure to get you're current weight situation determines what procedure you will have to get.the amour of weight need to lose determines if you get band or sleeve. I needed to lose at least 50% of my weight so i had to get sleeve. I love it and would not change a thing

hey mufinkakes, so the sleeve helped u lose half ur body weight, or half ur excess weight??? im now curious about sleeves becoz i have anemia and maybe this would be a better option vitamin wise???

K4rid4 the gastric sleeve helps you to lose half of your excess weight i need to lose 150 lbs. This is suppose to happen within a year.

Back