• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Lapband

Jules73

Hi everyone my names julie! Just wanted to say hi to you all x ive just received a letter saying my funding has been accepted but to be honest I don't know what to expect at this point x I'm from Kidderminster and will be having surgery at the heartlands in brum x does anyone know how long il have to wait till my surgery x please tell me your story I'd love to hear it x x

Thankyou Sarah x I have had a little look but just can't seem to find any threads on how long from being accepted for funding till surgery x what a fantastic site this is x x

Hi and :welcome: to WLS, every area is different as regards waiting times etc. Im from Manchester so cant really help but Im sure someone will be along who had surgery at the same hospital :D XX

Hi Julie, I received a letter the other day confirming my funding, but it also had the hospital written on it. So I phoned them directly and got the info. Perhaps if a hospital is mentioned you could ring them? If not, someone who has experience of your area is bound to pop in and help.

hi

i had my gastric band at the heartlands 10th november, i got my funding letter 25th june, then had my first appointment in birmingham 19th august and pre-op 18th october

karlene

Congrats on the acceptance letter! Hope you hear something soon on a date. The waiting leading up to it seems never-ending! Good luck!

Shallon

Thankyou very much for all your help, I'm looking fwd to getting to know you al over the next few months x just finding my feet on here at the mo x good look to you all x

Hi Jules and :welcome2:to the forum!

I believe that you need 50 posts to be able to activate more areas of the page.

Take part in some of the word search games, that will soon bump your posts up and give you more priviledges.

There may be someone along soon able to answer you questions. You will find no end of help and support on here.

Take care hun x :)

Love Kat x

Thanks Kat x I didn't know that x I've had the answer to my question from the lovely ppl on here x I get over how supportive ppl are on here x

I am a banded patient you'll learn it becomes your best friend and your worst nightmare cannot lie times will be hard but will learn to live with it and become your best friend promise you will be chucking up and feeling I'll when you eat too much but on the other hand you will forget to eat my best tip don't drink fizzy pop and dint drink whilst eating wait at least 45 mins after your meal also take your time eating
You'll learn how to do a burp to help
I have had it in for nearly 3 yrs and lost 12 stone so they work but it's well worth it
My op was on a wedensday night at 8 pm went home Thursday at 10 am had liquids for first Week then moved to custard rice pudding then onto mash potatoes and gravy you'll become a fan off mash pots I now cook leeks pots swede and celeric and mash as goes sown easy
In the first tear could eat salad and meat but now salad is a no no and meat is still hit and miss also when I said chuck it's nit sick like when your ill it's just build up in your pipe food and juices please don't let me put you off it's the best thing I did promise ask me anything will try to help if can
Mark

Sending a huge welcome and wishing you every success on your wls journey... love and hugs xxx

Back