• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hi just had gastric sleeve

Bravo2sugars

Hi there

I thought I would say hello. Had my gastric sleeve on Friday and just got home. Have terrible wind pains though :-(

I do hope this eases.

I have been really inspired by all of your posts, which I have been reading for a while.

Regards all

M

Hope the pain eases soon x

Get a hot water bottle on your tum and keep moving. It gets better :)

Hello M. Please keep giving us updates, I'm due to have my op on Tuesday so you are just in front of me. Hope you get rid of your wind soon!

I cannot believe the amount of medication I have come home with. I have just tried to take the night time doses and have vomited! I can only take tiny sips of things so not sure how to take them all. Any tips?

Hi,
Congratulations on your op - had mine 8 weeks ago and am so glad I did. The wind does take it's time to go, unfortunately I didn't really find anything that really helped, BUT, it does get better day by day. Worst day for me was day 3 post surgery, however by day 7 it had gone (or so I remember), either way it's a small annoyance to put up with considering the benefits. All the very best.

AE.

Hi again

Day 4! Not yet feeling an improvement in wind or pain. Still haven't slept apart from catnaps, so feeling a bit shattered! I am wondering if I have made a mistake this morning, it's hard to imagine it won't always feel this way. Has anyone ever regretted having their surgery?

Regards

Hi again

Day 4! Not yet feeling an improvement in wind or pain. Still haven't slept apart from catnaps, so feeling a bit shattered! I am wondering if I have made a mistake this morning, it's hard to imagine it won't always feel this way. Has anyone ever regretted having their surgery?

Regards

It's not a mistake, you will feel better. This initial bit becomes a dim and distant memory soon enough :)

Hello M. Please keep giving us updates, I'm due to have my op on Tuesday so you are just in front of me. Hope you get rid of your wind soon!

Hi LaManche, all the very beds for tomorrow. Am looking forward to hearing your progress, we will only be a few days apart! :)

I have been advised that keeping moving and swinging your arms around windmill-style is the best way to get rid of the wind! Good luck.

Back