• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

gastric sleeve in 9 days!

jdandcoke

Hi iv been reading all of your posts for months now and all the information helped me decide to have a gastric sleeve in Brno. We leave 1 week today and all of the doubts have started to kick in. I have 3 children and a lovely husband who are supporting me all the way. I'm 35 and weigh 16st9lb. Iv always been overweight even as a child but in past 5 years my weight has really crept up. Iv just qualified as a nurse and start my new job end of September. Anyway just thought I'd pluck up the courage to post something and to introduce myself.
Mel

Hello and welcome :)

Hey Mel! Well done on posting! We are a friendly bunch I promise!

I am expecting doubts to hit me again soon - I am only 4 days from surgery! Eeeek.

Hello and welcome!
Glad the guys have been able to help the blogs are soo useful the good as well as the bad all helps in your decision making
Very good luck I look forward to seeing your next blog

Did you have to do the lsd they just advised me to eat healthier before surgery. I feel really unprepared for it all x
Hi. I did 2 weeks of LSD but it was just low calorie diet. I lost about 3 kg before op. They are not fussy about losing weight before op. You will be fine. Once you get there everything moves really quick. Just make sure you take a shower at 4 am on the day of surgery coz once they start at 5 there is not time for a shower. The worst is the endoscopy. I still feel sick thinking about it. They really take good care of you. I don't have any complaints at all.

Hi all
Just a quick update I had my gastric sleeve on Tuesday in Brno. I'm not going to lie I really struggled for the first 48 hours with pain and nausea and vomiting I couldn't keep any fluids down and was really feeling sorry for myself. The staff are excellent and the clinic is really professional and clean but the language barrier can be difficult. They kept reassuring me that I would slowly feel better each day and they are right you really do so keep that in mind when your thinking what the hell have you done to yourself. don't want to put anyone off but it was a lot tougher going than I thought it would be but you do feel better everyday! They said I was one of the unlucky ones who react badly (typical ha) as there was 2 other ladies who seemed fine with it all! I'm now back home with the kids the vomiting is easing and iv managed to sip at a protein shake all morning and water and keep it down and on the plus side iv lost 10 pounds since surgery. Like I say don't want to put anyone off but it helped me to think I wasn't the only one feeling this way and it does get better every day. Mel x

I had a rough 48 hours or so too so I think I know how you felt. Glad you're feeling much better and well done on your loss so far x

Glad to hear you are feeling better. The first 2 or 3 days are always a nightmare. Like you said it does get better. What I found to be helpful was moving about. Don't over do it but try and move around. You will be better tomorrow and the next day will be even better. Good luck with the rest of your journey.

Hi all
Just a quick update I had my gastric sleeve on Tuesday in Brno. I'm not going to lie I really struggled for the first 48 hours with pain and nausea and vomiting I couldn't keep any fluids down and was really feeling sorry for myself. The staff are excellent and the clinic is really professional and clean but the language barrier can be difficult. They kept reassuring me that I would slowly feel better each day and they are right you really do so keep that in mind when your thinking what the hell have you done to yourself. don't want to put anyone off but it was a lot tougher going than I thought it would be but you do feel better everyday! They said I was one of the unlucky ones who react badly (typical ha) as there was 2 other ladies who seemed fine with it all! I'm now back home with the kids the vomiting is easing and iv managed to sip at a protein shake all morning and water and keep it down and on the plus side iv lost 10 pounds since surgery. Like I say don't want to put anyone off but it helped me to think I wasn't the only one feeling this way and it does get better every day. Mel x
Just got back from taking kids to a party might regret it in the morning lol but I'm being sensible and taking it as easy as poss with 3 kids x

Hope things are looking a little brighter for you now

Hey @jdandcoke how are you getting on? Hope everything is going well a few weeks on? I'm in for my sleeve on Thursday. Eep!

How are you managing with the kids and getting about... did it take long to get back on your feet?

Are you still on liquids only or progressing to mashed stuff/soft foods?

Hope it's all going smoothly. :greenapple::greenapple:

Back