• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hi - new to the site

Neeta

Hi
My name is Anita, but my friends call me Neeta. I am currently on a waiting list for Gastric Bypass and was looking through your site to see how long it takes for funding. I note that a few of you have ben waiting only a short while (three weeks on one post) it is now six weeks since a consultant at the hospital applied for funding. I live in West Yorkshire and so not sure if anyone else in this area has waited as long. Originally I asked to be seen privately and the surgeon who I approaced (as I work at the hospital) said that he didn't want to take my money and told me to get a referral - this was a year and a half ago. I have since got a private ref and I am just waiting to see if I get funding. Must admit that I am a little bit upset as I could have had it all done by now and instead, I am still waiting. Any advice would be grateful. I feel like I am banging my head against a brick wall as everytime I ask the secretary's what is happening, they just say that they are busy and my problems aren't at the top of their priority list. I am sure that if I didn't work at the hospital myself they wouldn't speak to me like that.

Thanks guys and gals. :wave_cry: Neeta XX

Back