• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hi new friends

Parsnip

Hi and welcome. I am two weeks + 1 day post rny bypass. There is a lot of information on the site and it's going through a relative quite period ATM but there are still a few regulars. The more up to date diaries tend to be in the bronze section of the site which you'll need over 100 posts to access but keep posting and you'll get that in no time (I'd recommend finding the game posts to help build up posts quickly).
How are you finding your bypass?

WGS

Hi Parsnip, my new stomach is great. I followed 2 weeks liquid diet, 2 weeks puréed which consisted of mainly protein weetabix, salmon, cod or chicken with sauce or gravy and vegetables or broccoli & cauliflower cheese and cheesy mash. I’m now on mashable food which is pretty much the same foods as puréed but less softened with sauce and left whole and chewing a lot.
I can eat 3-4 tablespoons comfortably having 3 meals a day but no snacks as I’m still building up my liquid intake. Only managing 1 litre -1.5 litres. So far so good. No pain, no sickness or regurgitating.
Not quite back to full energy or activities yet.
Weight loss now is 2lb a week.
How are you getting along?

WGS

Hi all, looking for advice/ideas for stage 3/mashable foods. Im sticking with the same foods I ate during the puréed stage but getting bored. I’m a little nervous about getting food stuck or dumping.
Also still being cautious how fast to drink as I need to increase my liquid intake.
Thanks in advance.

Parsnip

Hi Parsnip, my new stomach is great. I followed 2 weeks liquid diet, 2 weeks puréed which consisted of mainly protein weetabix, salmon, cod or chicken with sauce or gravy and vegetables or broccoli & cauliflower cheese and cheesy mash. I’m now on mashable food which is pretty much the same foods as puréed but less softened with sauce and left whole and chewing a lot.
I can eat 3-4 tablespoons comfortably having 3 meals a day but no snacks as I’m still building up my liquid intake. Only managing 1 litre -1.5 litres. So far so good. No pain, no sickness or regurgitating.
Not quite back to full energy or activities yet.
Weight loss now is 2lb a week.
How are you getting along?
I'm ok, I started purées yesterday. My fluid intake varies but find I manage hot drinks better than cold so try to have a couple of cuppas to boost my fluids. I've not been sick or any regurgitation. Only real complication is that one of my wounds has a small hematoma formed under the stitches that's a little tender but hopefully it'll get reabsorbed soon.

WGS

Parsnip, Glad to hear your new stomach is behaving well.
Hope your wound heals fully soon.
Remember it’s still early days and nutrition and rest are important for recovery.

Parsnip

Parsnip, Glad to hear your new stomach is behaving well.
Hope your wound heals fully soon.
Remember it’s still early days and nutrition and rest are important for recovery.
Rest is not always easy with four children and I have a lot going on with my dad ATM (I've discussed it in my diary but the short version, he was diagnosed with terminal cancer, he made a miraculous recovery but recently came back really aggressively and there is nothing they can do now his liver is failing so we're literally just waiting for his liver to fail at this point... Talking weeks and we're looking to move in with us so you can imagine how crazy things are here... Sorry that was longer then intended)

Bling Babe

Hi and welcome, as parsnip said you need 100 posts to access a lot of our diaries but keep posting and you’ll soon get there, congratulations on reaching the losers bench and glad it’s all going well.
I had my bypass April 2018 and it’s the best thing I’ve ever done for myself, I have no regrets at all, yes I miss my huge portions and I miss all the food that got to the stage I was at to need surgery but I still don’t regret it, I’m half the women I was, literally, which is mind blowing I had lost 8 and a half stone but have gain a few pounds in recent months, I’ve gone from size 24 to size 8, sometimes size 6 in 11 months.
I get up and go to the gym before work, something I never in my wildest dreams did I see myself doing, I workout at home and I’m no longer diabetic.
I’m now in maintenance which to be honest is the hardest part.
Enjoy and embrace, good luck xx

Morebee

Hi WGS & welcome, congratulations on your surgery, hope its going well for you so far Xx
I'm only just beginning my journey on tier 3, i'm on day 3 of my first milk diet for 6 weeks, the first night was hell lol had the biggest migraine ever but i'm feeling better now :)
speak soon Xx

Morebee

Rest is not always easy with four children and I have a lot going on with my dad ATM (I've discussed it in my diary but the short version, he was diagnosed with terminal cancer, he made a miraculous recovery but recently came back really aggressively and there is nothing they can do now his liver is failing so we're literally just waiting for his liver to fail at this point... Talking weeks and we're looking to move in with us so you can imagine how crazy things are here... Sorry that was longer then intended)
Hi Parsnip, Soo sorry to hear about your dad, I'm here if you ever need to chat hun, sending big hugs Xx

WGS

Oh Parsnip I’m very sorry to hear that your dad is so ill. I hope he isn’t in too much pain and you and your family can enjoy every minute possible with your dad while you have him.
Love and Memories never go away

WGS

Hi and welcome, as parsnip said you need 100 posts to access a lot of our diaries but keep posting and you’ll soon get there, congratulations on reaching the losers bench and glad it’s all going well.
I had my bypass April 2018 and it’s the best thing I’ve ever done for myself, I have no regrets at all, yes I miss my huge portions and I miss all the food that got to the stage I was at to need surgery but I still don’t regret it, I’m half the women I was, literally, which is mind blowing I had lost 8 and a half stone but have gain a few pounds in recent months, I’ve gone from size 24 to size 8, sometimes size 6 in 11 months.
I get up and go to the gym before work, something I never in my wildest dreams did I see myself doing, I workout at home and I’m no longer diabetic.
I’m now in maintenance which to be honest is the hardest part.
Enjoy and embrace, good luck xx
Hi Bling Babe, Love the name,
Thankyou. Wow what an amazing weight loss.
At least you can now take back control over a small gain. Must feel Great👌
I started size 24/26 (November 2018), currently 18 top & 20 bottoms. 4st 9lb down so far.
Since my op my loss has been -6lb, -4lb, -2lb, -2lb but this week I’ve stalled. I need to start working out but my energy levels aren’t there yet 🤷‍♀️... walking 2 old dogs doesn’t appear to be energetic enough.
You have inspired me. 👌💪

WGS

Hi WGS & welcome, congratulations on your surgery, hope its going well for you so far Xx
I'm only just beginning my journey on tier 3, i'm on day 3 of my first milk diet for 6 weeks, the first night was hell lol had the biggest migraine ever but i'm feeling better now
speak soon Xx
Hi Morebee, thanks for the welcome.
All is going well with my new stomach.
Head hunger and wanting the old nice treat tastes is beginning to kick in now so willpower (that I didn’t have before) is being called on 🥴🤐
Good luck with the milk diet. That’s got to be hard.
I didn’t have to do that, only 3 weeks LSD before the op.

Bling Babe

Hi Bling Babe, Love the name,
Thankyou. Wow what an amazing weight loss.
At least you can now take back control over a small gain. Must feel Great👌
I started size 24/26 (November 2018), currently 18 top & 20 bottoms. 4st 9lb down so far.
Since my op my loss has been -6lb, -4lb, -2lb, -2lb but this week I’ve stalled. I need to start working out but my energy levels aren’t there yet 🤷‍♀️... walking 2 old dogs doesn’t appear to be energetic enough.
You have inspired me. 👌💪
Aw thank you, I am struggling to get those few pounds off though! please don’t start at the gym too soon though, check with your team, I didn’t go until June or July. Your weight loss is fantastic, don’t stress about the stall it WILL happen, I also suffered a huge energy dip from weeks 2 through to week 6 post op, again it will improve. Keep up the great work xx

Sarnie

Hi, so happy to have found this site today, wish I’d known about you sooner.
I’m 4 weeks and 2 days post gastric bypass.
Excited to learn and share knowledge and experience.
Hi and welcome, I had gastric bypass on 16th of April and doing pretty well, no complications so far. Just getting to grips with a new way of eating and learning what works for me. Sounds like you're doing great too.

Sarnie

Hi all, looking for advice/ideas for stage 3/mashable foods. Im sticking with the same foods I ate during the puréed stage but getting bored. I’m a little nervous about getting food stuck or dumping.
Also still being cautious how fast to drink as I need to increase my liquid intake.
Thanks in advance.
Mostly I has heinz big soups, cheesy mash, cauliflower cheese, corned beef, cheese & mash, I had toast at the stage as well, so would have egg on toast, beans on toast, that sort of thing, not soft bread though, just toasted.

WGS

Aw thank you, I am struggling to get those few pounds off though! please don’t start at the gym too soon though, check with your team, I didn’t go until June or July. Your weight loss is fantastic, don’t stress about the stall it WILL happen, I also suffered a huge energy dip from weeks 2 through to week 6 post op, again it will improve. Keep up the great work xx
Thanks for that advice Bling Babe x
Yes the sensible me says wait to get to the gym until I am more energised but the desperate me says need to exercise to lose weight...... sense and lack of energy wins this one 🤷‍♀️
How happy must you be to be only a few pounds off your goal.... stay strong 👌

WGS

Mostly I has heinz big soups, cheesy mash, cauliflower cheese, corned beef, cheese & mash, I had toast at the stage as well, so would have egg on toast, beans on toast, that sort of thing, not soft bread though, just toasted.
Hi Sarnie, glad you’re doing well.
Beans on toast .....mmmmm
going to try that today, just can’t beat good old simple meals 😋