• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hi new friends

linz30

Hi wgs this site is a blessing I'm so lucky i found this site before my op lots of useful information and lovely people too. I'm currently well nearly 5 weeks out now since I've started week 4 with my liquidised stage i have stalled a bit so going to go swimming more,got another 3 weeks of liquidated foods but i did mine in advance i couldn't wait lol x

linz30

Rest is not always easy with four children and I have a lot going on with my dad ATM (I've discussed it in my diary but the short version, he was diagnosed with terminal cancer, he made a miraculous recovery but recently came back really aggressively and there is nothing they can do now his liver is failing so we're literally just waiting for his liver to fail at this point... Talking weeks and we're looking to move in with us so you can imagine how crazy things are here... Sorry that was longer then intended)
I'm so sorry about your father parsnip hope your okay lovely x

Bling Babe

Thanks for that advice Bling Babe x
Yes the sensible me says wait to get to the gym until I am more energised but the desperate me says need to exercise to lose weight...... sense and lack of energy wins this one 🤷‍♀️
How happy must you be to be only a few pounds off your goal.... stay strong 👌
I’m glad your going to wait a while, I’ve already reached my goal at 11 months post op but have fluctuated a bit since then and struggling to get back there, what I do really need to do is find a weight range that I’m happy with rather than looking at the numbers on the scales, I’m really noticing my muscle definition now and must remember that muscle weighs heavier that fat (still got lots of lose skin though) x

WGS

Bling Babe xx
You look stunning in your pic.
I think the right weight/size/fitness for each of us is where you are personally Happy and so much more healthier than where we all started so don’t put pressure on yourself.
Yes my children who are all very sporty and into fitness big time say muscle weighs heavier than fat.
X

WGS

I have a silly question....
Can I stretch my stomach drinking too much water too quickly?(R en Y Bypass)
I’m struggling to drink enough water if I don’t drink mouthfuls rather than sipping (not sure how long the sipping is meant to be).
I stop drinking when I feel slightly bloated.

Bling Babe

Bling Babe xx
You look stunning in your pic.
I think the right weight/size/fitness for each of us is where you are personally Happy and so much more healthier than where we all started so don’t put pressure on yourself.
Yes my children who are all very sporty and into fitness big time say muscle weighs heavier than fat.
X
Thank you x

Sarnie

I have a silly question....
Can I stretch my stomach drinking too much water too quickly?(R en Y Bypass)
I’m struggling to drink enough water if I don’t drink mouthfuls rather than sipping (not sure how long the sipping is meant to be).
I stop drinking when I feel slightly bloated.
No you can't stretch your stomach from drinking bigger mouthfuls of water, I've always be able to drink more than tiny sips, I have proper mouthfuls at a time. But the further out I get the harder in finding it to drink plain water. The hospital recommended using a straw and I do find that helps. X

WGS

Thanks for that Sarnie.
Post op I’ve also gone off water although I’m just pushing myself to drink it. Gone off tea too 😪 actually miss enjoying my early morning cuppa.

WGS

I was told not to use drinking straws because of taking in air or was that just for the first few weeks?
Does it cause you any excess air/wind?

Sarnie

I was told not to use drinking straws because of taking in air or was that just for the first few weeks?
Does it cause you any excess air/wind?
No not at all, it just really helps me drink water. I've not felt any ill effect from it x