• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hi Newbie from Bradford

hiya cld.well done on the bmi loss.things seem to be moving fast.i went to st luke to see all of the appointments and they are a real team.i have had a few hiccups inbetween.i had my pre assessment on the 14th jan.and my ops is booked for 13th march.my bmi hasn't changes 53.you take care.things go quite fast.

Hi cld :) wd on the loss glad things are on the move gl for the future and to soohoo too gl hun x x x

Thankyou x

Hiya I'm a newbie from Bradford too, sounds like it's going well for you so far, good luck x

Im not sure when it sounds good or not, she didnt say I was defo getting it but sounded quite positive. She never mentioned anything about funding just discussed diet and surgery options and sent me off with a note to make an apt for sleep apnia test. I suppose time will tell.. Im really excited but nervous, whilst reaserching ive come across lots of news paper articles assosiated with death! To be honest im quite aware of risks but im also aware of the media scare mongering lol How far have you come along? X

Hi im from bradford I just wonder jow long you waited for your pre op date ??

Hi Brian, ive only just had my 1st apt so dont have any pre op dates ext.. im sure someone else can help with that question though x

Im not sure when it sounds good or not, she didnt say I was defo getting it but sounded quite positive. She never mentioned anything about funding just discussed diet and surgery options and sent me off with a note to make an apt for sleep apnia test. I suppose time will tell.. Im really excited but nervous, whilst reaserching ive come across lots of news paper articles assosiated with death! To be honest im quite aware of risks but im also aware of the media scare mongering lol How far have you come along? X

Well fingers crossed for you, I understand the nerves thing. Im trying to read up as much as I can so I have a balanced view but at the end of the day everyone will have their own experience!

It's different for me as I'm doing it privately so there's no massive wait as such, I have a dieticians appointment this weekend then will have another with the consultant at which point we'll book the op in and sort pre op diet I guess!

hiya.im not good at all with laptops.so I don't know how to go into a lot of things.but I will percivere and read up on it.and I will be chatting to you all soon.you all take care

Hi again, so today I took my sleep apnea machine back, and then this aft the dietitian rang to offer me an apt next week!!! Im quite shocked how quick the process is going! Im not complaining at all by the way, My consultants team seem to be quite on the ball. Can anyone tell me what the process is with the dietitian? She seemed lovely on the phone, but not sure how it all works x

Hi there newbie from bradford :) and other newbies here lol I can totally understand exactly where your coming from, at my heaviest just over 23 stone unable to leave the house, thought my life was over. But got positive and offered a huge helping hand for the nhs and had a band fitted on thursday. I too was a smoker, which will be the first thing they will tell you to do (my surgeon said he wasn't prepared to give me life saving surgery for me to kill myself with smoking) Doctors gave me champix which was great, till it made me terribly sick, so got a e cig, but that had to go too (surgeons orders) so here i am 4 days post op a non smoker and feeling positive about my future for once. Its great here any questions just ask. From start to being banded took 3 years but was well worth the wait, as the wait put my head in the right place first :) want to chat always around (still housebound but not for much longer i hope) x x x

Hi crystal, you mentioned the e cig, did the surgeon say why that was a no no as I thought they were fine to use instead of cigarettes?

Hi crystal, you mentioned the e cig, did the surgeon say why that was a no no as I thought they were fine to use instead of cigarettes?

Hiya, I think it depends on the surgeon, the women I saw said it was a step in the right direction but I also informed them im on the smoking clinic waiting list at my doctors. Im more worried that if I give up smoking without anything my weight will balloon again... not great when they want us to lose the weight to prove were committed x

Hiya, I think it depends on the surgeon, the women I saw said it was a step in the right direction but I also informed them im on the smoking clinic waiting list at my doctors. Im more worried that if I give up smoking without anything my weight will balloon again... not great when they want us to lose the weight to prove were committed x

I think your right it does depend on surgeon but i was banded on the NHS and it was part of the funding rules. As my surgeon said he wasn't going to give me a life saving op to go and kill myself with fags! Also it will certainly make the operation safer too. So with the help of gp i gave up end of September, stopped taking champix die to sickness went over to an ecig in evenings, but when surgeon said no i threw it away and tbh not even give it another thought. hope that helps x x x private funding not so strict hun

I think your right it does depend on surgeon but i was banded on the NHS and it was part of the funding rules. As my surgeon said he wasn't going to give me a life saving op to go and kill myself with fags! Also it will certainly make the operation safer too. So with the help of gp i gave up end of September, stopped taking champix die to sickness went over to an ecig in evenings, but when surgeon said no i threw it away and tbh not even give it another thought. hope that helps x x x private funding not so strict hun

It makes alot of sence, I want to lose weight to become a healthier person, I wont be too healthy if im coughing a lung up :/ if I get this op I get to live again, plus all the money saved on ciggies will buy me some nice new clothes :) x

It makes alot of sence, I want to lose weight to become a healthier person, I wont be too healthy if im coughing a lung up :/ if I get this op I get to live again, plus all the money saved on ciggies will buy me some nice new clothes :) x
You certainly wont regret it :) Its amazing how now its not missed at all. You;d certainly save a pretty penny too x

Im so excited gt my pre op date frew today now I feel like to ball is offishally rolling :)

Bigbrian how long did the process take for you? I have my 1st appt with the dietitian next friday, dont really know what to expect.. x

Ive gt my pre opp on the 27 of march all an all bout 8 months ive been waiting ... if any one else as had it done at bradford if so owe long did u wait after the. Pre op cart wait now lol

Back