• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hi Newbie has a question.

Hi everyone I had my appointment today it was to meet the consultant surgeon. He introduced himself as George. He was SO nice, really put me at ease he explained that today was the first assessment the next would be with the dietetic team then they will go over my questionnaires which will take a few months then it'll be a psych meeting. He was very encouraging that I'd be accepted and said he would support me (even said to phone him if anything came up). He is recommending either the sleeve or bypass. I'm so excited.

Thanks everyone, I'm so nervous, I'm actually worried I spoke to a friend who has had the operation and she thinks I won't be accepted because I don't have diabetes or heart problems, so many of the questions on the questionnaire were about those issues, I've been referred because I have ehlers danlos syndrome, and my weight is severely impacting my already fragile joints. Well I guess I'll find out tomorrow, I'll let you all know how it goes. xx

Hi Becky,

I also have EDS and had the same doubts as you, specially as my bmi is around 37 not the usual minimum of 40 but so far so good. My gp referred me and said that eds was a co morbidity with the aim of improving pain levels and joint impact.
One of my concerns was more about the surgery and healing because of the tissue fragility but I'll discuss this with the surgeon who said he would read up if he needs to.
Where about are you?
Good luck and Let me know how you get on. If you wanna chat any time about the eds stuff feel free to contact me.
Suzie

Good luck becky, keep updating us! I am also starting my wls trip at st georges so really interesting to hear how it goes and what to expect.

Back