• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hi, I'm a newbie

julibeth

Hi,
I'm having a bypass next wednesday 2nd April at St Richards in Chichester. My surgeon is Mr Hawkins. On the milk diet day 10. Found it a lot easier than I expected. Really surprised myself that I could do it. Feeling a bit anxious about surgery but also so excited !! Has anyone been in St Richards for WLS recently?

Last edited:
Hiya huni I'm waiting for my date and not in your area but just thought I would say hello and wish you good luck cxxxx

Hi and welcome. I had my bypass nearly 5 weeks ago now. I was terrified of the op but it was all good. The wind pain hurt more than the op wounds. Been back at work full time nearly 2 weeks. I weighed myself on Monday 4 weeks post-op plus 2 weeks pre-op and I'd lost 3st 3lbs. Unbelievable. That will be you soon. Good luck x

Hi just wanted to say hello and welcome :)

Welcome to the forum and good luck with your 'journey' xx

Hi, I'm having a bypass next wednesday 2nd April at St Richards in Chichester. My surgeon is Mr Hawkins. On the milk diet day 10. Found it a lot easier than I expected. Really surprised myself that I could do it. Feeling a bit anxious about surgery but also so excited !! Has anyone been in St Richards for WLS recently?
hi julibeth I had my bypass last Friday in Birmingham,I like you was anxious scared but excited.im glad it's all done now 6 days post op no regrets but the wind omg can hurt take some Windeze in with you lol they help a lot and I founds boots dry mouth spay a big help too.good luck x

hi and welcome good luck with your journey

Hi Julibeth

I had my bypass at St Richards with Mr Hawkins April last year, the nurses are lovely there and all the medical staff are excellent.
Hope all goes well for you and if you have any questions you will get lots of support here.

All the best
Redorlando

I was Mr Hawkins first patient at Chichester in Feb 2013 (I was suppose to be under Mr Slater, but didn't find out that the new guy had performed my surgery until I came around and he told me!). Have to say he did a fab job. Wonderful team, can't praise them enough.

Well done for joining the site and good luck on your journey... Exciting times. Next week!!!

That's good you have enjoyed and done well on the milk pre op diet.

Keep up the good work xx

Hi Juilbeth, welcome.

I'm a few days behind you as I am having my RNY on 7th April in Surrey and I'm also on the milk diet at the moment.

Good luck with the last few days of the diet and hope everything goes swimmingly for you

Back