• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hi newbie, would love any advice

IlonaJ

Hi to every one, total newbie here looking for any help/advice. Having been to my doctors i have been told my BMI is high enough to get gastric surgery but was also told i had to try everything they will throw at me before they will refer me so at the moment i am on orlistat. :wave_cry:
I find i can lose about 1-1.5 stone by my self then i put it all back on plus some which happens every time i diet, so each yr get bigger.:cry:
I went to my sisters consultation with her (hello mona!:p) and think to stop me getting bigger each yr this will be my key aid to helping me and get to the extra weight off to be around 9-10 stone.
I have no idea of a time scale which is a little frustrating, so any help/advice you can give would be brill
thanks
ilona x

and dont be nice to her, just cos she is my sister!!!!!

Hi Ilona
xxxx

and yes, it really is Mona & Ilona, our parents must have p****d themselves laughing!!

Hello Ilona and welcome... Best advice i could give is read everything on this site, ask all the most silly questions you can ever think about and above all, be honest when you get your initial consultation about your eating habits etc!

Good luck hun xx

hello and welcome im new too so all this is new to me ive tried all they have threw at me already so now ive been refered its so hard isnt it trying to lose the weight and keep it off good luck on ur wl journey and u 2 sisters have great names love them!! luv laura xx

Laura, if u dont mind me asking what other things did the doc get you to try, as i say i am on Orlistat for the 2nd month now i lost 6lb in the first month but in this 2nd month i just seem to get bad stomach ache.
ilona x

oooooooooooooh kat just noticed that your op day is the same day as my little boys birthday, i will be thinking about you !!!!!!!

Hi Ilona. Welcome to the site.

I tried: Orlistat, Reductil, diet clubs, SW, WW , RC etc, dietician, dietician group, psychologist, calorie counting.
Basically everything. You have to have jumped through the hoops!

Hi Ilona, Welcome to the site where yellow women shaking their breasts at you are the norm!

Hope your weight loss journey goes well and good for you for doing this together with Mona.

Most of us on here have tried all the usual routes for weight loss and its another hoop we have to jump through to get that all important referral to the surgeon.

All the best in your journey. xx

Back