• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hi peeps need help

2011metoyou85

Hi all had a band fitted on 21st of dec had my first fill on the 17 of feb, I have 5ml put in my band and I'm eating normal food go for my next fill on the 3 of may, but the problem is I don't feel like I have any restriction and I'm always hunger, like jut had curry for tea and If I didn't stop my self I would have had all of it, I really don't know what to do and if I would have caused and damage. Can someone help me

Feb to may is a long time waiting for a fill, why is this? The early stages are all about willpower and making healthy choices until restriction kicks in (which for me wasn't until my third fill at 7ml). Stick to tea plates and do as you did, by stopping once satisfied. Was it a healthy curry? Did you have it with rice?

Until you get a decent amount in your band you'll feel like a total failure. Read some of the banders diaries- it will help- particularly the one by Miserable! She's taken months to get a decent restriction....different providers fill at different rates. Keep the faith!! xx

Ah yes the all time dilemma between willpower and restriction.... been there done that and it is horrible, disheartening and frustrating .... BUT and it is a big but, stick with it and do not miss ANY fills appointment and demands them sooner because you will feel like a failure and bit yourself with food as you did pre op when on normal diet. Also knowing you can eat normally without been careful you will go back to your old eating habits and shovel your food down then when you eventually reach a descent level of restriction it ll come as a big shock and adjustment... I know it because I have been through it and only having some restriction 3 weeks ago and my op was on 13 th October. Keep heart and good luck xxx

NHS fills are a bit different to private. They can only be initiated by the dietician (at Heartlands anyway), and you only see them every 3 months. There won't be any liquid in the band at the time of operation, so having a second fill within 6 months of op is actually quite good.

Back