• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Help......mo weight loss

marie1000

Hi

Im in a bit of a state

I had my band on 13th May
Had my first fill 2 weeks ago and have put on weight
I don't feel any restriction and feel I can eat lots!
im gutted with myself

any advice would be great

Hello, can't give much advice as my first fill isn't until next weekend. However I am led to believe this can be perfectly normal....don't beat yourself up too much. Will just have to watch what you eat between now and next fill. I just know I'm going to be the same as you and have no restriction for at least a few fills, just my luck! So jealous of the people on here that have one fill and boom....restriction! Take care x

You can wait for restriction to kick in or you can take control now. Restriction however is not the answer, because even if you have it, you can choose to eat the wrong foods and not lose weight. Two years down the line, I have restriction sometimes and other times i can still eat like a horse (albeit a smaller one than pre-band). Start now by increasing activity, and eating more of the right types of foods of band friendly foods(protein first, veggies/fruit, then carbs - the more crunchy/textured the better) and drink plenty of water. This is for the rest of your life, so finding the right healthy balance sooner rather than later, and remaining positive are key to success ... Don't beat yourself up .. Think positive and get on that bandwagon and point it in the right direction :) x

thanks for the reply. you're right. I keep thinking wait till I feel full effect of band before I could be good. I need to start now. you have done amazing!
x

dont wait - I am 11 months almost post surgery and still do not have restriction from my band, it may limit some food items I can eat, bu amounts etc it doesn't, it also hasn't taken away my hunger.

What flutterby has said is right, take control don't wait for the band, this is about your choices of what you eat and it isn't just about restriction because you most certainly can continue to eat the wrong foods or too much. And it can take a long time to find it!

Back