• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Really struggling

bahia

Hi all had my band fitted 6 weeks ago and my first fill one week ago. (5ml in a 10ml band). I havn't really felt much restriction. The problem I am facing is I just am not losing weight so any advice would be welcome.

Typical daily diet is for example today I had

Muller light yoghurt
Cup of tea (no suger)
2 Rivita with 2 boiled eggs
Chicken drumstick (roasted and no skin), 3 small rosemary potatoes and a salad.

Dietician said chicken is ok now .
Help please?

Also have started to do 20-30 mins zumba daily

I would advise you to speak to your dietician in the first instance, get their opinion on what you are eating.

Why not post on the daily banders food and exercise thread too, you might get some ideas or we could help more if we saw what other things you eat x

Sounds reasonable to me, maybe concentrate more on protein and drink loads of water to try and kick start it....

My dietician suggested textured foods. For example, a yoghurt for breakfast goes straight down but a bowl of dry special k (or a tiny) bit of milk will give your band some resistance. I am ok with breakfast and lunch, it was dinner ideas I needed help with.

How long have you not lost weight for?

I may be wrong here, dut I dont think you're eating enough

I also think you might not be eating enough. Try some fruit inbetween meals perhaps if you are hungry. Definitly don't let yourself go hungry because then your body will go into starvation mode and not release the fat!
Chopster is right too, my dietition always says Texture is the way to go.
Good luck xx

Hi all had my band fitted 6 weeks ago and my first fill one week ago. (5ml in a 10ml band). I havn't really felt much restriction. The problem I am facing is I just am not losing weight so any advice would be welcome.

Typical daily diet is for example today I had

Muller light yoghurt
Cup of tea (no suger)
2 Rivita with 2 boiled eggs
Chicken drumstick (roasted and no skin), 3 small rosemary potatoes and a salad.

Dietician said chicken is ok now .
Help please?

Also have started to do 20-30 mins zumba daily

Your calorie content is way to low, your only consuming between 600-700 calories a day according to the menu you have just given us. you need to up your calories as your body is going into starvation mode and not forgetting your zumba is burning off calories as well, what fluids apart from tea are you drinking daily as there was no mention of any other fluids especially water. hth xx

hi guys thanks for your advice, i do drink water with dinner but not enough admittingly. I have now resorted to having a bowl of fruit and fibre for brekkie and at lunch today had a wrap (shapers low cal) from boots. Please keep up with the advice as really find it useful

hi guys thanks for your advice, i do drink water with dinner but not enough admittingly. I have now resorted to having a bowl of fruit and fibre for brekkie and at lunch today had a wrap (shapers low cal) from boots. Please keep up with the advice as really find it useful

Hello , me again lol

Was u not advised about the no drinking rule when eating??? ( no drinking any fluids to 15-30 mins before b 4 a meal, no drinking during a meal or for 15-30 mins after any meal??? it varies from provider to provider but thats what I and others have been informed about hun xx

Thats so much better, are you allowed to drink whilst you eat?
You should be aiming for 2 litres of fluid a day with as much of that as water.

hi guys, initially was told cant drink and eat at the same time or up to an hour after eating. However on my last dietician appointment she said the regulation had now changed as the bands are fitted much higher than before so this rule no longer applies

It would be nice if that rule didn't exist, but I have to say it does make sense to me not to drink before and after food. I just had my band done end of May and they said I had to follow the no drinking rule. This band world has many rules I think!! x

i can't keep up with it either. I wish they had one set of rules. Had my band fitted end of may and the no drinking rule applied and now 6 weeks later it doesn't apply?????

Back