• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

hi people i was wondering in a week whats your weight lose

liannos

i was wondering with the bypass what do must lose in a week ?????

To be honest, I don't know because I don't weigh myself often. I was becoming obsessed with losing weight and very disappointed when I didn't as I was having weight loss stalls so I just decided not to weigh myself and only check my weight when my nurse or surgeon weighed me.

o ok was just wondering

how are you doing tho?... are you pleased so far?... sorry i cant help as im pre op plus a bander x

I am 8 months out and I lose between 2-3 pounds per week. I watch my food carefully and work out with a personal trainer twice per week.

Mine is stupid because I can go almost a month with no loss at all and then I will have seven pounds gone in the next three weeks, then at other times I have 2lbs every week for a couple of months. I would be very happy with just the 1lb-2lbs every week guaranteed, at least its coming off then and not frustrating me. I have decided this week to only weigh myself once a month instead of weekly, I was just too obsessed with the numbers and they told me at the hospital that I am at the point now where its not all about numbers, I cant say its easy not to hop on that scale weekly though lol
I think that an average for most people, from what I recall from various posts, is around 1-2lbs a week, interspered with 'stalls'.
No help there I know but hey ho, I tried lol
Steph xx

Yep I would agree with you Steph. I am losing about 2lbs a week but get really frustrated when the scales don't move for a while.

The average post bypass is 1 stone per month. If you start heavier, then you lose quicker, and of course it depends if you follow the eating rules properly, but its a good gauge of how you're doing.

I'm 6.5 months post op and loose between 2 and 5lbs per week. I always make sure i eat 1200 kcals and burn 500 kcals a day seems to work for me so far.
Obviously 1200 kcals is too much for newer bypassed peeps xx

the night before my op i was 20stone 4 that was the 18th july as of today i weigh 19 stone 1, so i have lost in total 17 pounds in 2 weeks, im well pleased with that but i know i will start to slow up on the weight loss now xxx

it varies but the average is supposed to be a stone a month

Nobody can tell you what to expect as a weekly loss as it is very individual. Yes the average statistical loss over the course of the 1st year is a stone a month for people who need to lose 100 or more pounds. Up to 75% of that can be lost in the first 6-9 months with the final 25% being lost between the 1st & 2nd year post-op. What that means is that after a significant weight loss in the first few months, weight loss can slow down and stop briefly off and on for a span of 2 years. Whether or not you lose the remaining 25-50% or more of your excess weight boils down to compliance to the eating guidelines and thus adoption of a healthy lifestyle. You can 'get away' with some unhealthy eating habits early days post op and still see up to a 50% excess weight loss but when you exit the 'golden period' your days of relatively easy weight loss are gone and weight will be harder to shift or will actually start to return.

Try to encourage yourself with decreasing clothing sizes, measuring inches lost and by keeping a careful eye on your eating habits as the process ultimately boils down to more than sheer pounds shed per week.

Nic:D

Back