• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

What type of exercise?

Cath860

Hi all just wondering what sort of exercise people do after their bypass? I really like swimming but no way am I going to a pool until I've lost a LOT of weight.

I'm wondering if it's worth renting a treadmill or something for a few months?

Thanks for your thoughts!!

I had the sleeve and bought a treadmill 2 months post op. Best investment as I use it at least 5 times a week. I have made it to the gym on occasion but working out with my home comforts seem to motivate me more. And i can now jog for 10 mins which is a major achievement for me. Good luck whatever u decide :)

I started swimming once I lost the first five stone. By the time I had lost 10 stone I had to stop swimming and change to the gym as my loose skin was just far too embarrassing.

I do aqua/water workouts. I find the treadmill bit boring but to help I download audiobooks from my library, they have an e library. I can listen to a good book as well as exercising as find music not always relaxing.

Treadmill was my best investment! I looked at hiring but was going to cost £60 for 6 weeks...picked my beauty up for £120 off eBay, it's fab! Still get to watch my soaps and exercise :) (so long as you get a motorised one)
I started post op walking and built up length and speed, now run at 10km/hr for 20/25 mins a day....and if it's pants on tv then out comes the iPod! Just make sure you get pacey music to go with it....slow stuff doesn't cut it I find!

I don't do anything which is really bad. Our local leisure centre has closed down for a year for a refurb and doesn't open again till January. I can't afford to join a gym, why are they all so ridiculously expensive, and I hate jumping around in aerobics type classes, always have done. I should walk more and when my car battery died and I had to walk a fair distance to catch a bus Irom work this week in the sunshine, I actually enjoyed it. When the leisure centre opens again I'll go to aqua aerobics which my friend teaches and also swimming which I love. I will force myself to walk more. I do find I lose a 1b when I do do some excersise which should be more of a motivation lol. My husband keeps me well excersised lol. x

hiya,i do dvds in my own home,i love the davina one body buff its brilliant xx

I go swimming I don't care if ppl look or not , there some really nice swimwear ,shorts etc out there plus swimming is so gentle on joints xxx

Thanks everyone! I will definitely need to do something as I'm determined to maximise the fat-losing as much as possible!!

Back