• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hi there

jaxx

Hello everyone, my name is Jaxx and I've just received my gastric bypass date for 6th of January 2010. The NHS is funding my surgery but it will be in a private hospital.

I've struggled with my weight ever since puberty and it's only the last year that I've realised I have to do something about my weight. I asked my doctor in August about surgery and here I am waiting till January for my surgery.

Anyway, hello and see you around

Jaxx xx

hello and :welcome2:hope all goes well with your op, not long to wait now :)

Hi,
That was pretty quick. I went to my GP in august too and my surgeon is guessing that I will have my op around the end of feb.
When did you get your letter with the op date on?
Do you have to start your pre-op diet this side of christmas?
All very exciting!!

Hi Jaxx my name is Nadine i too was first refered for surgery in august and am having my op on the 13th Jan 2010

Wow lucky you, getting accepted so quick. I have been trying for nearly four years, been turned down for funding twice, am being put forward again, just hope and pray I am accepted. Good luck for your journey though, xxxx

Hi all. Many thanks for your kind welcomes. I will have to start my pre op diet on the day before Xmas Eve unforuntately as my operation date is 6th of January. I have emailed my dietician to see if I can eat normally on Xmas day.

I don't know what my weight is exactly but I think because I'm 25 stone and have a family history of diabetes is the reason I was put forward for surgery so quickly. I also had to wait for a psychology assessment which I have now had as well.

I'm excited and frightened in equal measure.

Congratulations Jaxx... it will all be worth it... I have been on the post op pureed food over christmas... but Hey its just one christmas.... this is the start of the new begining...

Wanted to say hi & welcome to the site. You have discovered a lovely bunch of supportive and friendly people here so feel free to make yourself at home. The diary section is especially helpful for pre-ops like yourself to see how the journey is/was for others.

Don't worry, the fear/excitement is all part of the journey. Hope you are doing okay on the pre-op diet and wishing you the best for your surgery.

Nic;)

Hey Jaxx,
How's the diet going?

I'm struggling with the diet, I keep having hypo's even though I'm not diabetic. I keep drinking fluids to try and make me feel fuller but it just makes me pee more lol. Just 8 days to go.

Back