• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hi to everyone! im a newbie x

keeley86

Hi, Im keeley :p i live in boston, lincolnshire, and i have got my 1st appointment cuming up at the royal derby hospital on tuesday to disguss bariatric surgery, i hope this happens rather quickly as my weight is causing me to go blind and the more i try to diet the more weight i put on.
Is any1 else in my situation that wants to chat?
How was derby hospital for you? should i be scared?
x

Hi Keeley and welcome.

Good luck with your journey.

hi and welcome good luck on your journey

thanks everyone i mite need it, lol

Hi & welcome. x

Hi Keeley i hope your journey is swift you sound like you need it fairly urgently, i hope your provider recognises the need for swiftness. There are cases where i truly believe medical conditions should make a priority for patients....

Good luck, keep us posted xx

im hoping so! i feel like a time bomb at the moment i wake up every day wondering if this is the day i will go blind, cant wait untill tuesday though to find out for deffo whats happening then i can ask questions and find out how long it mite take untill i can have the op.
i was reading your story where you got discharged because you didnt attend an appintment - they did that to me appart from i did attend, they discharged me saying i had refused sleep ap testing when i hadnt - lol! some big mix up, in the end i had to write a letter of complaint as i wasnt getting anywhere with it - my pro former was sent to them in december 09 and my 1st appointment is on tuesday thats how long its took me to sort this out. it is soo frustrating.
what stage are you at with your op now then? what should i expect at my 1st apointment on tuesday? can you tell me how to upload a profile picture on here, im working this site out slowly but surely,lol. its good to be able to read up on other peoples situations tho isnt it, x

Hi Keeley, seen a few posts from you but haven't been on here much in the last couple of days so haven't had chance to say Hi & welcome properly! Do hope things move quickly for you; can't really offer you much advice on your area though as I'm waiting for a bypass in Cornwall xx

Hi and thanks! ive been trying to find some poeple around my area but there doesnt seem to be any1, lol there doesnt seem to be many people having surgery in derby either now i dont know if thats a good or bad sign.
how long have you been waiting up to now do you know when your op may be? x

I'm sure there are plenty of people in your area..try looking on the BOSPA website...it's really useful as it gives you the details of local support groups in your area that you can attend. It is nice to be able to meet people that are going/have gone through this! Currently I have been waiting around 11 months; have my pre-op assessment on the 20 th of this month then hopefully I'll get a date for the actual op after that. xx

yeah i saw that bospa site - i might have to have a good browse on there - sounds like your quite far on then - i have my 1st appointment at derby on tuesday (i keep sayin that) it cant come quick enough i need to know whats going off! lol hope all goes well at your assesment and they give you you op soon! x

Back