• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Newbie ;-(

Tilly66

Hi, im new to this site, and not finding it easy to begin with,
im at the stage where i have waited almost a year and i have been seeing my dietitian every 6 weeks ish, i have been told that once i have two signed slips from my local bariatric surgery support group i will be put forward to the hospital, does anyone know what happens next ??

Im under Salford Royal hospital Manchester.

Am hoping i will be seen by the hospital team soon and am eager to get things under way, i know ill have to see a phsychologist etc....and it all takes time..

Am hoping 2014 will be a great year for me, i desperately want to loose weight, i have several conditions that make me virtually unable to walk, and i have sleep apnoea, would like to hear others stories on how things went,
nice to meet you all xx:confused:

hi tilly and welcome

Welcome to the boards and I hope that you will find the help and support that you need for your surgery :)

Thanks to you all for the welcome but nobody answered my question, or am i supposed to ask it somewhere else lol ?

i self payed so unfortunately dont really know much about what happens, i know another ladie kirsty88x has just been approved her funding might be worth having a chat with her x

Thanks to you all for the welcome but nobody answered my question, or am i supposed to ask it somewhere else lol ?

Maybe no one about who used that hospital I'm under Birmingham so won't presume as to what other hospitals do so maybe wait a few days see if someone helps if not then maybe post under the general discussion threads hope this helps a bit

Hi
I was referred by my GP at the end of November and got my first appointment for the Patient Seminar within days.

I went last night to that and was given all the options for surgery. Details of the pre-op diets and the horror stories of complications. We also had a lady come and talk to us who had her bypass a year ago - that was good as she is 'one one of us' and told us exactly how it is.

I was weighed and measured and given a target to lose which was worked out from my current BMI and what it should actually be - you have to list 10%. Not as scary as I thought as I had been told it was 10% of your body weight.

I have been told that having the appointment for the seminar means funding is already approved and I just wait for the call tomorrow, 48hours from the Seminar, from the Bariatric Nurse who will go through things again and advise on dates for future appointments.

I can't wait!

Got the call this morning. Funding in place. I'm on the list. I will get a letter through the post within days to confirm everything.

Next step. Appointment with the surgeon to discuss which method is best for me.

Yeah!

Back