• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hi to you all!

mollyerica1972

Hi All, :sign0144:
Great to meet you all on here, I am hoping to get lots of info, plus make some WLS freinds :D

I am going through the long waiting game for funding. Have lost 10% 0f my weight to show I can cope post op. I live in Cornwall UK .........please come and chat to me

Hello Molly
Welcome
I am a newbie but this is a really good forum and you will find lots of advice, experience and inspiration on here. Its so nice to talk to others in the same boat. I started my journey on 5thOct so its all new to me too but I am enjoying learning everyday.
Enjoy Good Luck and Welcome

hi Molly good luck and whatever questions or worries you have someone will always be along to answer and help you xx

Hi and welcome :)

Wow! What a fantastic response and so fast too!

I am so happy to have found this site, as I have so many questions & confusions too. Many things you are told are conflicting to way others say - I am under Truro clinc for my WLSurgery(Bypass).
My 1st visit was on my birthday the 10th feb 2012, and would like to ask if your Endocologist or anyone at the hospital had told you approx how long you would take to get to your operation over with and hadthey told you the same as me - He said "by this time next year you should be the other side of your surgery"? Only now I am being told in october at a BOSPA meeting that it will be more like 3 years, i am devistated!!
I have done everything asked of me, and so need to get this done as i am in so much pain and mobility is so badly impeared by my weight, i have arthritis and it will be so good to get this terrible weight off my joints and try to live like a normal 56 year old instead of feeling like a 90 year old crippled with pain barely able to walk or enjoy life! so you can see how bitterly disapointed I was to here it could be another 2 years.
So Sorry to bleat on about it x
dont get me wrong, I am happy to wait my turn but it is a vast difference from 1 year to 3 years.
I have seen my physio & was told swimming was the only option for exercise for me at the moment, I am now attending the dietician at Treliske, Truro, Cornwall for 6 sessions then if she feels i am ok to go ahead with WLS, will go for funding for me. In November I go to see Endocologist Dr Crealy who will, i assume pass me on to the surgical team after I get funding?!
Ever hopeful me................ EEeek!

Last edited:
Hi Molly i have rheumatoid arthiritis and walk very badly too, i use a stick at all times, i'm sorry if i got this wrong but isn't an oncologist for cancer have you had this and is that why they are being careful ?
i had my op last November to be absolutely honest it hasn't made much difference to the pain but i am able to move better and quicker than before :) i know what you mean about the waiting i was turned down 3 times then finally accepted i had to attend dietician and prove i could lose weight etc she was fantastic and kept updating pct when i had progressed the GP was fantastic as well if it hadn't been for him i would've given up long ago :) try to swim if you can it can only do good not harm xx i was 22st 5 now am 11st 2 so there is light at the end of the very long tunnel xx Good luck honey

Hi Angie,
Oop's sorry I think I was meaning endocology lol! I am blonde hee hee!
How long from start to finish did it take you to get your surgery, also how much did you have to go through to get to the point of knowing you had funding & date for surgery please?
I am so pleased you are doing so well xx
and Yes I am on crutches and have an electric buggy too x

hi Molly sorry not been on here for a few days :) i honestly can't remember how long as it seemed to be forever but was probably about 2 yrs in total, i had to have sleep apnea test which was positive couldn't cope with the cpap but they sent me to dentist at local hospital who made a kind of mouth guard thing which pushed my bottom jaw outwards stretching my soft palate and they put holes in it to breath through, i used this at night wasn't very romantic i must admit but it worked :) while i was doing this i had to see the dietician every few weeks and as i said she was fantastic ...as you know with us all there were times i gained weight but she kept on at me and eventually i lost enough for them to be satisfied and she kept updating pct and every time i was knocked back she and my doctor let me know straight away the reasons and we worked on them :) i honestly cried like a baby when i was given the funding but every bit of hard work was worth it xx don't give up honey xx and i walked for 3 hours last sunday to the beach with my two dogs and had a great time throwing the ball etc and i could never do that a year ago :)

Hi Molly, not in Cornwall but just over the bridge and wanted to say hi!
We are obviously on a slightly different path but have the same goal......slim and healthy!
I hope you get the go ahead soon.

hi angie ca i just say you look fab i am three months post op and hope after six months i can look as good as you at the moment my weight loss seems to have slowed down so i am getting a bit worried

don't worry it does slow down occasionally but will start again, i think it's when your body decides your not going to feed the fat so it might as well get rid :)

Back