• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hi

puddinz

Hi
My name is Stevie, I am booked in at the Nuffield in Essex with Mr Khan in December 11th to have a band fitted. I have been ideting on and off for the last 10 years since I gave up my other habit of smoking.
At the moment I am struggling with trying to start the bloomin pre op diet, I start the day off really well but am not ending it as well as I started, ah well early days yet I still have 4 weeks or so to go.
I am 127kgs as of today which is about the most I have ever weighed in my life I was a bit of a skinny kid and only really put on weight ag#fter the birth of my youngest and then when i gave up smoking but then every one is different. I have tried every other diet going and finally decided to go for the band a couple of months ago after a friend had a bypass and was really sucessful.
Not being a patient person I persuaded my other half topay for the procedure rahter than wait for funding from the NHS and to be honest if I can pay for mine then someone else might get theres a bit sooner!
I am excited and a bit nervous I have read nearly every thread in the WLS secion on minimins as I joined there a year or so ago during my Cambridge Diet phase.
I remember the first time I went on a diet I weighed 10 stone 4pounds and how I wish I was able to go back there and say to that girl Do it now, do it once and get it under control,but ce la vie, I do hope to get loads of advice and support form this forum and offer the same to others as I near the end of my journey but for now I shall steel myself to take the cake back to the staff room and have a nice low fat cuppa soup instead!
I would also of course love to chat with anyone else who is having the same procedure done witht he same surgeon if there is anyone?
Stevie
(btw I am a female just so theres no confusion)

Hi Steve, welcome to WLSurgery :) Have you been asked to do the pre-op diet for 4 weeks or are you just trying to get a head start? You have to remember it's not designed for weight loss, but to get the liver into tiptop condition for the surgery, and doing it for 4 weeks is tough going.

Hi there, thanks for sharing your story so far. I had my bypass a year ago and I am happier than I ever could have imagined! I get so excited when I see people like you that are on their way to weight loss surgery because I know the absolute joy that lays ahead! Must remind you though how important the pre-op diet is, it is a tool to shrink your liver so you can have a safe surgery but it is also a test of your commitment to the restricted lifestyle you will have post-op, so buckle down and follow your surgeons guidelines, it is worth it, I promise.

Jump in and ask questions or share your experiences, this group of peeps are so supportive and willing to listen.

Best of luck to you and keep us updated on how you are doing.

Nic;)

Back