• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hi

diesel

Hi
I am currently on week two of the milk diet as prescribed by the L&D.Feelng a bit down as the first week i lost 5.5 LB and this week i only lost 1 LB.I have not cheated on this diet and cannot understand why i am not losing more.Is there any one at the same stage as myself who i could share thoughts and ideas with as i could do with someone to talk too who is suffering like me.
Many thanks
H

Hi Diesel and Welcome to the forum!

I think people lose weight at different rates on the milk diet, I should put your scales away and try not to worry.

As long as your following it properly and are getting enough liquids into your body daily it will show by the time the hospital weighs you when you go in.

I know the diet can be pretty repetetive but when you think how good it will be at detoxing and shrinking your liver ready for your surgery - it will be well worth it in the end.

Don`t be down, try to stay positive as you are nearly there - ready for surgery!

Take care hun x

Love Kat x

I`m afraid I have no experience of the diet, But wanted to wish you well and welcome you to the forum Xx

Im starting my pre op diet on saturday .... dreading it but hey ho its got to be done. Im not doing the milk one im on the liquid, fish & chicken one.xx im really sorry i didnt welcome you & a really big hello to you x

The reason for the milk diet is to shrink your liver and weightloss is just a pleasant side effect :D Any weight lost now can only help you when you have surgery. It is very hard to stick to but well work the effort :D Good Luck XX

as everyone has said it's more about shrinking the liver, and I wouldn't worry about the weight loss as there will be more where that came from when you've had your surgery ;o) good luck xxx

Hiya, I was bypassed at the L&D six months ago. I'm guessing you are doing the first milk only to lose your 5%? Just hang in there and if you are sticking to it you will do fine and when you go back for your weigh in they will give you a date to meet Mr Whitelaw, good luck

Hunny, Hunny, Hunny - please dont get yourself upset.

The purpose of the pre-op diet is to shrink your liver. Weight loss is the bonus that comes with it. I know it can be frustrating when you dont lose so much when you have something to compare it to. Just remember that you ALWAYS lose more on the first week as it will have mainly been water weight.

Please sweetheart dont beat yourself up about it, stop weighing yourself and remember that you are doing this to shrink your liver so you can actually have the operation that you want. People have definatly been closed back up and refused surgery because their livers werent shrunk enough.

Just stay positive hun :) xxxx

You'll lose alot in yr first week as you deplete yr glycogen stores which is what helps shrink yr liver... try not to be concerned about weight loss this is purely for liver shrinkage the weight loss will most definately happen. xx

Back