• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

hi

homedesiree

Hello - I have just found this site. I have had my sleeve gastrectomy on 27th November at Kings College Hospital (Guthrie Ward). My surgeon was prof. Francesco Rubino & he is a really nice bloke & comes VERY highly recommended. I was in 3days /2 nights & everything went well. It took 2& a half years to get to surgery - via mnumerous info days, tests, group sessions, psych evaluation etc at Guys/St Thomas' & Kings but well worth the waitv& good to make sure I was totally in right place (body & mind) for this surgery. I was totally happy with all the care in have received under our wonderful NHS & now looking forward to a healthier future free of high blood pressure & diabetes - in time - & of course Being slimmer :)

Hi and welcome :)

Welcome :) look forward to hearing your stories of weight loss through the journey :)

Hi and Welcome!!!

Welcome and all the best for recovery. I was in Guthrie as well - although different surgeon.

Hello newbie! Glad you have found such a great site lots of great people on here all if able to offer advice , guidance and a cyber hug if needed, no question is daft someone is bound to have asked it
good luck with everything

Last edited:
Hi and welcome ,
I have my sleeve gastrectomy on 17th dec with Prof Robino at Kings, our journeys sound very similar, how well is your recovery going ?

Hi JUST - my recovery is going really well thank you. Have you googled Prof Franceso Rubino? Its very impressive. I think we are very lucky to have him doing our surgery. I found the care at kings really good & I was lucky to be in the Guthrie Ward (private but on NHS cos of bed demand - very lucky !) I am sure you will be fine too & I look forward to hearing how you are after17th.

Hi and welcome. I was bypassed also on the 27th. This has been a great site to me and its great for support and advice. X

Hi Sharona good luck to you at the start of your weight loss Journey. I am also under the care of prof Francesco Rubino and have my first meeting with him on Thurs. I know you said the whole process took about 2 1/2 years. But how long did you wait for surgery after you met the surgeon? I look forward to reading about your success.

Hi JUST - my recovery is going really well thank you. Have you googled Prof Franceso Rubino? Its very impressive. I think we are very lucky to have him doing our surgery. I found the care at kings really good & I was lucky to be in the Guthrie Ward (private but on NHS cos of bed demand - very lucky !) I am sure you will be fine too & I look forward to hearing how you are after17th.
Hi Homedesiree, thanks for your reply and yes I have checked out Prof Rubino , and I too feel very lucky to be having him as my surgeon, I won't know until Tuesday PM what ward I will be on , how are you feeling now and can I ask how much weight you have lost since your operation?

Hi again JUST - I am feeling really good. I didn't need pain meds from day 5 onwards. I haven't weighed myself since surgery as I am just concentrating on following the 'liquid/food' plan & getting all my vits/minerals in. I am also taking a teaspoon of manuka honey in mornings & a skin/hair/nails supplement. Plus trying to keep up the daily walking. I have def lost weight cosmy clothes are loose now - I don't have weigh scales !never have but I shall borrow some & weigh at end on 'pureed food' stage in a weeks time. Do keep posting as I am interested to know about your experience.

Welcome!

Just thought I would announce my surgery for tomorrow has just been cancelled , I am gutted had everything sorted early for Xmas and changed dates for starting new job and now it's all up in the air , will have to wait until sometime in January .

Just thought I would announce my surgery for tomorrow has just been cancelled , I am gutted had everything sorted early for Xmas and changed dates for starting new job and now it's all up in the air , will have to wait until sometime in January .
Hi - so sorry to hear your op has been postponed! I too had a postponement although I was lucky to be given a date only 2 days later. It is so disappointing when you have prepared so thoroughly for a bparticular date. Have you got another date yet?

No nothing yet, tried to find out last week but admissions were really short with me , I have left a message with secretary also but no reply to that either , it must be a really busy time for the staff so I probably shouldn't hastle them but I really need a date so I can stay focused and make new arrangements , I changed loads at short notice for 17th , starting new job , cancelling some Xmas celebrations and now I am still here being very impatient . How are you getting on ?

I am doing well thank you. Not got on scales yet but clothes getting looser . I am concentrating on getting the diet right & sorting meds etc before I worry about weight butvperople have been commenting at how much I have lost so it must be quite noticable which is pleasing. Try sending an e-mail to Prof. Rubino's registrar - ileana geogloman - she was very very helpful to me. I kindly asked her help when I needed advice & she spoke with admissions on my behalf when I was so upset at postponed date. Her email is: [email protected] - hope this helps, let me know.

Back