• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hi

ninababes

Hi,

I'm under local SWMS and been on bariatric Pathway for a few months but only just had first educational appointment this afternoon which was very interesting and also shocking to see things right there in front of you like portion sizes post op etc even tho I'd read about it before hand.
Got another psychology appt next week, dietician I'm seeing 4 weekly at the moment and there's another educational session with a meeting of bariatric patients in the new year followed by 10 sessions of group therapy appts from Jan then another doctor appointment round March time so no dates or anything like that set or time scales but a little about me:

I'm 36, I've been obese since I was a kid and I'm now v v morbidly obese with bmi of 53 now. Done all the diets over the years with varying success that ultimately result in me gaining weight back. My main problem is emotional eating which is why I'm seeing psychology and the group appts in Jan to address that before going through with surgery..... I don't know why but the session today made things seem a lot more real

Bling Babe

Hi,

I'm under local SWMS and been on bariatric Pathway for a few months but only just had first educational appointment this afternoon which was very interesting and also shocking to see things right there in front of you like portion sizes post op etc even tho I'd read about it before hand.
Got another psychology appt next week, dietician I'm seeing 4 weekly at the moment and there's another educational session with a meeting of bariatric patients in the new year followed by 10 sessions of group therapy appts from Jan then another doctor appointment round March time so no dates or anything like that set or time scales but a little about me:

I'm 36, I've been obese since I was a kid and I'm now v v morbidly obese with bmi of 53 now. Done all the diets over the years with varying success that ultimately result in me gaining weight back. My main problem is emotional eating which is why I'm seeing psychology and the group appts in Jan to address that before going through with surgery..... I don't know why but the session today made things seem a lot more real
Hiya, welcome and good luck, every step you take is one closer to surger. Best advice from me is to research research and research some more, a lot of our diaries are in the bronze section so keep posting Because once you reach 100 posts you can access them, there are still plenty to read beforehand though. Wls is far from the easy option, it’s no magic wand but if you work with your “tool” you’ll be fine xx